Classic Aerobatic Model Photo Thread

Martyn K

Advert

Terry, the pipe is a Just Engines 60 power pipe. I first got the pipe to try and reduce the noise output, well it did a bit. Of greater significance was the leap in power output. On the supplied silencer the engine was turning a G-Sonic 14x7 at about 9200rpm, with the pipe it turns a 14x11 at 9000 That turned an OK model (PB Calibre) into an exciting one!

The Adagio has a G-Sonic 15x8 and a 15x10, the 15x8 turns at 9200. Both give the Adagio unlimited verticals.

There maybe some words and pics appearing in RCME in about 8 weeks time

(There are further pics of the engine & pipe back on page 23)

Edited By Peter Burgess on 21/01/2016 09:25:17

Ah, thought it might be & I would agree, that pipe is outwardly similar to the Hatori (expensive) pipes, but internally not, hence the minimal noise suppression. Tuned pipes generally, are easier to design for more rpm, but to reduce noise also is rather more difficult.

I'm not at all surprised the Adag has unlimited vertical on that set up Peter! Have you tried a 14x12 at all?

Well done for getting some exposure in the mag's.

• 1 month later...

Yes, that's her. It was a model I lusted after in my youth but couldn't afford. Picked the kit up on E Bay some time ago but haven't had time to do more than look at the contents and put it on top of my pile of things to build along with about another 20 boxes of trad models of all RC types. If it's not considered sacrilegious I will convert to electric. As for agility, I am not as agile on the sticks as I was so I think we will be equally matched! I love the designs from the 60's to the 80's which I suppose were my RC formative days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Phil

We have no hard and fast rules. The group exists to promote the building and flying of F3A Aerobatic aircraft that were designed prior to 1984. The reality is that many models may not quite fit this comfortable description, either by date or type but that hasn't actually stopped people bringing them along and having a good time.

That certainly looks like an interesting model. I'd like to see it fly.

Martyn