What type of aircraft do you fly the most?

Advert

I'm in the 1% as I fly F3A. Once you've flown a 2 mtr F3A nothing else comes close to the flying experience. I do enjoy flying my trusty Wot 4 which has become even more fun after fitting a pipe to my Irvine 53. I do have some scale aircraft but will wait for the better weather to fly them. You can fly 2 m models in almost any weather but I draw the line when the wind exceeds 20 mph constant!

This poll should really have been multiple choice. I finally went for Warbitrds as I have more of this category in my hanger but I have also got average club earobats and an EDF that scares the life out of me, so I will give anything a bash. Hopefully not literally. smile o Also have an EP glider and want to get out slope soaring again with my Wildthing.

Alwyn

A great poll but i think that had it been worded differently there may have been a more definate answer , ie out of all the models you own which one is the tattiest(flown the most) because although i consider myself a fairly good pilot flying anything from 3 channel vintage to large 3d types its got to be my knackered old tutor 40 that i always take every week

Well, the plane I flew most last year was my SebArt Sebach 30 (wonderful machine!) and I would count that as a high-performance aerobat. But in my hangar there are a lot of different things, a Radian Pro, one petrol powered Edge, a few aircombat planes. Then in the building room there is a half finished Jitterbug, a Kyosho Focke Wulf and a (not started) TopFlite P47. And of course this winter I've been flying quite a lot indoors which means depron and EPP. So, some variation, but the Sebach is my favourite (at the moment I might add, who knows what's going on in the future wink).

I think my most widely flown plane was my Wot 4. I do like my 1/4 scale Taylorcraft. Just gone from a 26cc petrol to a 35. That should give it a bit more oomph!! It will depend on the weather or the amount of time I have as to which model/s I take. If it's a bit iffy or not much time it'll be the Wot 4 or my silly Delta. If I'm out for the day and the weather is nice then my scale stuff gets a good airing, especially my Tiger Moth. Love the scale aeros with this one.

Andy

Well I suppose something scalish that can handle some aerobatics and has a bit of history behind it! So a scale aerobatic warbird!

Seriously - yes I mainly like scale - but I class Extras, Yaks and Sbachs as "scale"! So my Goldwing SBach, my Extreme flight Extra, my 1/5th Cub, my little Spit - or yes always my PZ Extra! But they're all kind of scale - ish,.... passing at 40mph 50 yards away!

BEB

Most of my flying is done with an electric Wot4 foam E. We fly them club nights with lights on and have been known to do silly things with them! This answer to the question asked will give a false slant to the poll as I fly a very wide spectrum of models with no one type taking preference. I am known for flying larger petrol powered models though. What ever I fly it is only for fun and I'm not a fan of competitions.

D.L.G.

discus launch gliders are by far my favourite, I fly powered gliders next, and then warbirds and then paturn and then 3d, speed is fun but only really for a few minutes and then for me it gets boring.

I can fly warbirds and 3 d etc for 1/2 hour or so then get bored, powered glider I can stant for 1 to 2 hours at most, but DLG I can and have frequently done 4 hours strieght, 1 and 1/2 hours goes by in a flash.

• 8 months later...