Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Hmm... Between me posting the results at about 9pm and David posting them around midnight the table was updated.

Rich gained an extra 30 points, Martyn an extra 10 points, David an extra 25, Essex an extra 20 and Jacob a slightly unlikely 112 points!

Jacob's score is particularly odd as I mentioned a couple of posts above. I could understand the first 4 changes being due to predictions that weren't scored correctly, but I can't fathom how Jacob could gain 112 points that way...

I'll email Adam and see what is going on. and I'll update you once I know.

Edited By John Privett on 20/04/2015 19:31:57

Advert

OK folks... Adam has just got back to me to explain what went wrong;

"Unfortunately we had errors in the points calculator and this had a knock on effect which meant we had to recalculate China and Bahrain. Most players won't notice any difference and a few will have gained between 10 and 35pts.

So yes, those first four in your list will be correct now. Concorde Racing has been amended too, China GP points set to zero, oversight on my part.

Apologies for this - the post-GP email will explain the issues, but rest assure that all points are now correct."

So our league table now looks like this;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 696
2 Revers Racing Pete B 630
3 RichF1 richfr 596
4 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 536
5 Roos Racers rk295 536
6 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 530
7 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 517
8 pits specials pits specials 437
9 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 415
10 iqon racing here to win iqon 408
11 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 381
12 Lost The Track David Gilder 376
13 Essex Racing Essex Racing 369
14 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 344
15 GoneWesthall SteveT 338
16 rActive GP Pat Harbord 319
17 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 315
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 120
I'll update the spreadsheet shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

Right then everybody, pay attention! We've had 3 weeks off, it's now time to get back to business. smile d

This weekend it's the Spanish GP in Barcelona and the first of the European races which means (with the exception of Canada) races in the early afternoon UK-time from now on until the Japanese GP at the end of September.

P1 in Barcelona today saw Nico fastest by seven hundredths of a second, but Lewis hit back in P2 with almost a half-second gap. The Ferarris were almost a second further back in P1, but had cut the gap in half in P2.

P3 is at 10am tomorrow morning with qualifying at 1pm. I'll leave you with my customary reminder...

Don't forget your predictions!

OK, the race is over, but for the benefit of those waiting to watch it on the beeb I'll say nothing about it until after it's been broadcast.

Results won't be on badger for a little while anyway and I may be out flying this afternoon - so I'll be back sometime this evening with more.

Just back from flying and the badger results are now up. So here is how our league looks this evening;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 807
2 Revers Racing Pete B 750
3 RichF1 richfr 744
4 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 669
5 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 665
6 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 654
7 Roos Racers rk295 640
8 pits specials pits specials 549
9 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 522
10 iqon racing here to win iqon 521
11 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 487
12 Essex Racing Essex Racing 485
13 Lost The Track David Gilder 455
14 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 448
15 GoneWesthall SteveT 443
16 rActive GP Pat Harbord 431
17 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 429
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 211

I'm going to grab something to eat and I'll be back in an hour or so with a breakdown of 'who dun what'.

Whilst Erfolg is pondering the meaning of life, the universe and everything... I can't tell you how you scored what you did, just what you scored!

So, most of us stayed in the same position in the league, 2 moved up a couple of places and one moved up one place. And 2 dropped two places and 1 dropped one place.

Top scorer of the day was indeed Erfolg - even if he did get his predictions wrong! Must have a good team... His score was 148 which elevates him 2 places to 5th. Sharing top score was Rich - but no place change, remaining in 3rd.

Third on the day was Tony with 139, our other 2-place gain in the league, moving up to 4th.

No place change either for Pete with the fourth-best score of the day, 120 points. Pete remains in 2nd, but narrows the gap slightly to top place. Fifth on the day was myself with 118. Not enough though to avoid a two-place drop to 6th.

Sixth score today was Essex Racing with 116 points and a one-place gain to 12th. Seventh today was Ian with 114. No place gain, but narrows the small gap very slightly to the place above. Iqon was 8th today with 113 points, remaining 10th in the league.

Pat holds 16th in the league with today's joint 9th-best score of 112, also the Pits Specials on the same score hold 8th in the league.

Up at the top of the table it's still Simon, but he must have missed a gear today, only scoring our 11th-best score of 111. Twelfth today was Gary with 107 who stays 9th in the league.

Thirteenth today was Martyn with 106 points. Martyn stays 11th in the league. Fourteenth today was Steve with 105, remaining 15th in the league. Remaining one place above him in the league is Kev with the joint 15th best score today, 104 points. Also with 104 points was Roos Racers - our other two-place faller of the day, down to 7th.

The final two scorers today were Jacob with 91 and David with 79. Jacob remains at the foot of the table (though he did of course miss the first two rounds) and David slips a place to 13th.

The round-by-round scores are available for viewing as usual on google docs.

Next up in two weeks time we're on the streets of Monaco. A very different circuit to just about anywhere else - but will we see some very different results?

Edited By John Privett on 10/05/2015 21:45:28

Just got back from a hot and sunny Barcelona after a great weekend - with only the one disappointment.....smile

I'm very surprised indeed at the league result as I thought I'd really bombed with the predictions but it seems I wasn't the only one who got it wrong!

For the McLaren fans, don't expect anything soon, IMHO, as the Honda engine sounds like a wheezing bag of nails compared to every other car on the circuit. It was struggling to make the climb between turns 2 and 3 and really sad to see Button trading places on DRS at the back of the field with the Morussias - and there was just an air of resignation amongst the Spanish fans when Alonso was the first to retire......sad

It reminds me of the 2008 Honda which was just as bad when I saw it at Magny-Cours being driven by Button and Barrichello. A year later, Jenson won the World Championship - so don't give up hope entirely!

I think it's about time Ross Brawn put in an appearance again.....wink 2

Pete

Posted by john stones 1 on 11/05/2015 21:17:53:

If he don't bend it he can borrow my Accord, he might finish higher then.crook

I'd say that's a distinct possibility, John..... and as good a suggestion as anyone has come up with so farwink 2

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we are again, another Grand Prix weekend. So I'll invite you to rearrange the following words into a popular phrase;

predictions your forget Don't!

I'm sure you can all work that one out... wink 2

P1 and P2 took place on Thursday (anyone know why it's always Thursday and not Friday at Monaco? You'd think they'd want to minimize the number of days the roads are closed, or do they want to avoid them being closed on two consecutive days? If they re-opened them today.) And P3 is tomorrow morning, with the race at the customary 1pm for European races.

I'm off to do my predictions now...

Indeed! I thought it was a strange decision to bring Lewis in when they did, and clearly nobody at Mercedes could defend it after the race. Even if it made sense whilst they were under the virtual safety car, once the 'real' safety car car came in to play then it made no sense.

I guess however it's easy for us sitting in our armchairs to be wise after the event, and in the heat of the moment mistakes get made. Before anyone suggests it, I really can't see it being a "deliberate" mistake to favour Nico as it turned a virtually-guaranteed 1-2 into a 1-3.

I am incandescent with fuming rage........poor Hammy!!! angry 2

I know they all have bad luck from time to time...but at Monaco that has got to hurt more than usual......sad

I hope it ignites the flames of determination and anger within Lewis........so the 3rd world title becomes a reality.....smile p

Edited By Simon Webb on 24/05/2015 22:21:51

It was a silly mistake. It is normally OK to make a pit stop and regain position under the safety car rules but in this case a tyre change did not seem really necessary, and, the safety car had not passed the safety car line at the time. (What is this line?) They would have survived until the finish as other cars managed to do. Maybe they were worried about foreign object damage by carbon fibre bits from the crashed car that caused the need for safety car.

I may have imagined it but during the BBC highlights, early on in the race, did they transmit a pit to car conversation with Rosberg - the gist of which was that R wondered how he could possibly pass cars to get the lead. The reply was that it could happen with some change in strategy ! Hoping for such a safety car perhaps? A pressure cooker was hissing away nearby at home at the time so I could well have mis-heard.

Dane, I watched live on Sky and don't recall the radio conversation you mention. That's certainly not to say it didn't happen though!

The reasoning suggested on Sky (before the pit stop was completed) was that it would be to cover off a similar move by Ferrari - the thinking being that if Vettel pitted under the safety car he'd be right behind Lewis and Nico on the restart on fresh tyres. Of course we now realise that he'd probably have struggled as much as Lewis did to get any advantage from fresh tyres if he'd done so.

So there was some logic behind the stop, but the timing just wasn't going to work out right for it to be sensible.