12 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 163
13 GoneWesthall SteveT 158
14 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 154
15 Essex Racing Essex Racing 137
16 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 111
17 Lost The Track David Gilder 109

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Right then, it's time for the customary reminder...

Don't forget your predictions!

Qualifying starts at 8am (UK time) tomorrow (Saturday) morning, and if you haven't done your predictions by then you're guaranteed no prediction points. So get them done now - you can always change your mind later.

We are still in the 'free team changes' window too - after this weekend you can make a further 8 individual changes to your teams without penalty - any more than 8 and it's a 10-point deduction per change. So if you've been thinking about a team change, now would be a good time!

The race starts at 7am on Sunday.

I paid a fiver for the first level of paid-for account. To be honest I haven't really had a good hunt around to see what I now get that I didn't get before... Maybe the 'pro' account is the next level up though?

BBC folks won't see the race until later this afternoon - so no comments (or results) from me yet to avoid letting any metaphorical cats out of bags...

Results are up on Badger for anyone who wants to have a look. I won't post them here until later, after the Beeb coverage has finished - or a bit later if I get out for a spot of flying! I might update the spreadsheet on google docs in the meantime.

Right then, I trust the BBC coverage will have finished by now, so here is the Modelflying mini-league after China. I'll be back shortly with a breakdown of the results;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 558
2 Revers Racing Pete B 497
3 RichF1 richfr 463
4 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 421
5 Roos Racers rk295 420
6 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 405
7 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 403
8 pits specials pits specials 338
9 iqon racing here to win iqon 308
10 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 298
11 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 274
12 rActive GP Pat Harbord 266
13 GoneWesthall SteveT 259
14 Lost The Track David Gilder 252
15 Essex Racing Essex Racing 250
16 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 244
17 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 219

Edited By John Privett on 12/04/2015 17:12:32

With the results being much as many expected the scores are quite high today, only two failed to reach 100.

Highest scorer of the day is Rich with 198 points moving him up a place to 3rd.

Second today was Simon who stys at the top of our league scoring 187 points. In the overall badger league Simon slips slightly, but remains in the top ten at number nine.

Third today was Pete with 178 points. Pete holds on to 2nd place in our league.

175 points means that Roos Racers were 4th today and move up a place to 5th in the league. Fifth on the day was Erfolg, scoring 160 and staying in 7th place. Sixth today was Tony H with 155 points. Surrounded by high-scorers Tony slips a place to 4th. Scoring one point less than Tony today was myself, 7th on the day and also slipping a place in the league - down to 6th.

David was 8th today with 143 points and our biggest mover in the league - up three places to 14th. Martyn was 9th today with 129 points and moves up a place to 10th. Tenth place on the day goes to the Pits Specials with 121 points, and holding on to 8th in the league.

Iqon was eleventh today and holds onto 9th in the league, scoring 118. Essex Racing were 12th today with 113 and stay 15th in the league. 13th today was Gary with 111 points and a one-place gain in the league to 11th.

Ian scored 111 today to be 14th on the day, slipping to 17th in the league. SteveT was our 15th today with 101 points and holds 13th in the league. Sixteenth today was Pat soring 91 and dropping 2 places to 12th. Finally another two place drop in the league for Kev's Norfolk Flyers, scoring 90.

Scoring spreadsheet is on google docs as usual.

Only a week until the next race at Bahrain, and both qualifying and the race are at the more civilised hour of 4pm UK time.

Thanks for all your efforts John thumbs up

If I had put the fastest lap as Lewis Hamilton I would have got a full house this week!

Also Niko Hulkenberg not finishing cost me.......

Really love this Fantasy GP malarky laugh

Edited By Simon Webb on 12/04/2015 17:49:25

Edited By Simon Webb on 12/04/2015 17:49:59

Naughty word? smile o Surely not! teeth 2

I too had predicted no safety cars and so wasn't overjoyed at the sight of Verstappen's engine letting go where it did. But I missed the fastest lap prediction too, so I was two short on my predictions. Or would Nico have popped in a new fastest lap if the safety car hadn't come out? We'll never know!

Posted by Simon Webb on 12/04/2015 17:49:05:

Thanks for all your efforts John thumbs up

If I had put the fastest lap as Lewis Hamilton I would have got a full house this week!

Yep, me toosad

The safety car almost made up for the loss of points due to the reason it came out - if that makes senseteeth 2

Pete

I have only just got round to joining, sorry if it mucks p your spreadsheet. I'm the one on 0 points in last, which is probably where I will remain!

Not the best race today, but the adventures of Maldonado, Kimi's team radio 'encouragement' for the Mclarens and the marshals at the end providing some light entertainment for the grandstand made it strangely enjoyable. The press conference afterwards with Lewis and Nico having a small spat was funny too, especially with Vettel sitting there observing. Why is he always present when the press conferences are tense?!

Made predictions for next race.

CS

Right then, it's Friday it's 5 o'clock and it's Crackerjack! Sorry, showing my age again... embarrassed

Anyway, as I was saying - Grand Prix weekend ahead, and this time it's Bahrain. We've had the first two practice sessions, and the final practice is tomorrow lunchtime-ish. So, with qualifying starting at 4pm UK-time, my customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

Ferrari look to be not that far behind Mercedes, and the stewards will be busy this evening with a few things to look at after P2, including both Hamilton and Raikkonen under investigation for "failing to leave pit lane correctly". It seemed to me from what I saw of that incident that one of the Red Bulls did exactly the same thing...

Well I got one correct prediction!

Tomorrow will be a fascinating race. I watched the practice sessions and Ferrari's long run pace was superb, quicker than Mercedes (without knowledge of fuel loads of course). Track position will be crucial, so whoever is first after the start will have a big advantage. Vettel is on the dirty side but that didn't affect Hamilton last year.

Hopefully we will see some wheel to wheel racing at the front with the Mercs and Ferraris!

CS

Well the results are now up on Badger. I've just finished watching the recording of the race - I was out flying this afternoon. Not quite the result that I guess most of us predicted, and the league now looks like this;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 696
2 Revers Racing Pete B 630
3 RichF1 richfr 566
4 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 536
5 Roos Racers rk295 536
6 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 530
7 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 517
8 pits specials pits specials 437
9 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 415
10 iqon racing here to win iqon 408
11 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 371
12 Lost The Track David Gilder 351
13 Essex Racing Essex Racing 349
14 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 344
15 GoneWesthall SteveT 338
16 rActive GP Pat Harbord 319
17 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 315
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 105

Give me a few minutes and I'll be back with a breakdown of who did well and who didn't!

Edited By John Privett on 19/04/2015 20:55:29

Top scorer today was Gary with 141 points which moves him up 2 places in our league to 9th.

Second today was Simon with 138 points. Simon remains at the top of our league.

Third today was Pete with 133 points, good enough to hold onto 2nd place in the league.

131 points was enough for me to be in 4th today, and a 2-place gain in the league to 4th. Fifth today was Roos Racers with 116 points, remaining fifth in the league. Sixth today was Erfolg with 114 points, holding on to 7th in the league.

Seventh today was Tony H with 109 points, but a two place slip down to 6th. Eighth today was Jacob with 105 points. Having missed the first 4 races he has a bit of catching up to do and is currently at the foot of the table. Ninth today was Rich with 103 points, but managing still to hold on to 3rd in the league.

Tenth today with 100 points was iqon, but he slips a place in the league to 10th. Sharing 10th place on the day was Kev who moves up 2 places to 14th.

There's a three-way for 12th today - Pits specials, David Gilder and Essex Racing all scored 99 points. Pits specials stay 8th in the league, David moves up 2 to 12th and Essex is also up 2 to 13th.

15th today goes to Ian with 96 points. Ian stays 17th in the league. 16th was Steve with 79 points and a 2-place drop to 15th. 17th was Martyn with 73 points, slipping a place to 11th, and finally Pat scored 53 today and suffers our biggest fall of the day, down 4 places in the league to 16th.

The spreadsheet can be seen as always in google docs.

Next race is Spain in 3 weeks time. Don't forget your predictions... wink 2

David - the current table on badger shows you on 351 points. The one I copied and pasted after China had you on 252 points. The difference being 99 points.

That's the only way I can calculate individual's scores for each round - I don't get any more info from Badger than you do. It's possible there was a change in scores for China (either due to the FIA changing the result or an error in the badger scores) and your score after China was altered on the badger table after I'd posted it here last weekend.

Indeed! The table I now see on badger is the one you posted above and Rich has an extra 30 points, Martyn an extra 10, you (David) an extra 25, Essex an extra 20 and Jacob an extra 115.

There's obviously a glitch in the scores on Badger as Jacob only signed up to badger after China, so his score of 217 is clearly wrong, given that the highest score for Bahrain was 205 yet they say Jacob scored 12 more than that!

I'll have a look tomorrow evening when I get home from work, by which time I'm sure Adam will have sorted it out - if it still makes no sense I'll follow it up. I'll amend our scores on the spreadsheet accordingly if necessary.