Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Posted by John Privett on 13/10/2014 18:19:25:
Posted by RichFR on 13/10/2014 15:09:35:

Forgot my predictions this week crying

Silly boy! nerd

I did remind you all... (And I'd also like to know how to get 135 points with no predictions!)

Yeah I got 4 out of 6 predictions correct.....and I only managed 164 points!!!

And Hammy is my main driver and Mercedes is my main team......

• 3 weeks later...

Right then folks... Three weeks since Russia, and now we're across the pond in Austin, Texas. So as well as the customary reminder, don't forget your predictions, you might want to take the opportunity to make some team changes...

In case people weren't aware, both Marussia and Caterham have financial problems and, having called in the administrators, neither team are participating at Austin. So if you have them, or any of their drivers, in your team you aren't going to get any points from them this weekend.

Back on the track after two practice sessions it's looking like Mercedes are still comfortably out front. Lewis was marginally faster (0.003 seconds) than Nico, with Alonso's Ferarri over a second behind.

P3 is at 3pm UK time with qualifying at 6pm. So get your predictions done by 6pm! Race time is 8pm on Sunday.

Quick update from me...

Although the BBC-ites are probably watching the highlights right now I won't mention the result just yet. Badger haven't posted the tables yet, and I guess with the stewards still looking at an incident that could affect the minor placings we're probably not going to get the league table published until tomorrow. I'll post it here as soon as I can - if it's not tonight it won't be until tomorrow evening.

Funnily enough I was joking about double points on Badger for the final round with a colleague at work. We both agreed that would be a stupid idea, just as the double points in real-life. I too hope that we don't get a different outcome to the title as a result of the double points.

Anyway, the results are out now, and here is our league table following the USA GP.

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 2500
2 Roos racers rk295 2445
3 iQonics GP Racing iqon 2419
4 Revers Racing Pete B 2396
5 Typhoontone typhoontone 2357
6 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 2352
7 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 2280
8 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 2262
9 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 2260
10 Essex Racing Essex Racing 2231
11 Norfolk Flyers nss 2130
12 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 2122
13 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 2087
14 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 2028
15 pits specials john stones 1722
16 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 1659
17 Lost the Track Dave 1507
18 rActive Pat Harbord 1224

I'll be back later, after I've had something to eat, with the "who done what", in the meantime you can have a look at the details on google docs - again all the place changes are in the top half of the league.

Top scorer of the day was Robin with 195 points - 60th best in the whole Badger league for USA. Robin is also our highest mover - up two places to second.

Second on the day was Rob with 175. Rob stays 6th in our league.

Third was TyphoonTone, scoring one point less than Rob with 174. He remains in 5th place.

Fourth was Simon with 170 points, swapping league positions with one of the joint 5th scorers - Ian, who scored 159. They are now 8th and 9th in the league. Also on 159 points was Essex Racing who stays in 10th spot in the league.

Seventh was Karl with 152, also staying 7th in the league. Scoring 2 points less with 150 was myself - still 12th in the league but creeping closer to Kev... Ninth on the day was iqon with 148 and a one-place slip to third. Also slipping one place was Pete. 144 points is the 10th placed score on the day, but moves Pete down to 4th. Sharing 10th on the day was Kev who remains 11th in the league.

Up at the top of the league Richard could only manage 12th place with 137 points, but still retains top spot with a lead of 113.

The final 6 positions on the day go to those propping up our table, and no place changes amongst them. Erfolg scored 134, Duncan 122, Pat 114, Dave 89, John Stones 84, and CSB 72.

Brazil coming up next weekend, before the double-points finalé in Abu Dhabi two weeks after.

Now don't forget your predictions! thumbs up

So the penultimate round is upon us, at Interlagos in Brazil. P1 and P2 have seen the Mercedes duo leading the field again, this time with Nico posting fastest times a couple of tenths faster than Lewis. And with driver moves for 2015 still being speculated on and confirmed, Alonso seems to have been practicing for a possible new career as a fireman! wink 2

As usual, Don't Forget Your Predictions! P3 is at 1pm UK-time tomorrow with qualifying following at 4pm, and the race also at 4pm on Sunday. Stormy weather is forecast for Saturday, with "Rain" for Sunday.

I was about to say that the race ended up pretty-much as I'd expected. But if that were the case then why did I get most of my predictions wrong?! thinking

Results aren't posted yet on badger, I'll post them here as soon as I can - that's probably going to be tomorrow after work unless they appear on badger in the next few minutes.

Results are now published on Badger, and this is what our league looks like after Brazil;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 2623
2 iQonics GP Racing iqon 2584
3 Roos racers rk295 2568
4 Revers Racing Pete B 2560
5 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 2521
6 Typhoontone typhoontone 2506
7 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 2458
8 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 2394
9 Essex Racing Essex Racing 2380
10 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 2355
11 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 2267
12 Norfolk Flyers nss 2219
13 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 2206
14 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 2131
15 pits specials john stones 1797
16 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 1752
17 Lost the Track Dave 1597
18 rActive Pat Harbord 1313

Several place changes, and Richard's lead has been reduced again. More details in a little while.

As usual all the details can be viewed in google docs, but here's a round-up of our winners and losers.

Top scorer this weekend was Karl with 178 points. It's enough to put him in the top 60 on badger, but sadly not enough to gain any places in our league.

Second was Rob with 169, and a one-place gain to 5th.

Third was iqon, with 165, moving up a place to 2nd.

4th this weekend, and remaining 4th in the league was Pete with 164. 149 points puts typhoontone in 5th on the day, but he slips a place to 6th inthe league. On the same score Essex Racing move up a place to 9th.

Also moving up a place is myself, moving to 11th with the day's 7th highest score of 145. Ian also gains a place with the 8th-best score of 134, moving up to 8th in the league. Equal 9th on the day are Richard and Robin, scoring 123. Richard holds on to top spot in the lerague (for now!) but Robin slips a place to 3rd.

Erfold posted our 11th best score of 119, Duncan was 12th with 103 and they remain in 13th and 14th places respectively. Biggest faller of the day was Simon, falling two places to 10th with a 13-best score of 93. Also scoring 93 CSB remains in 16th. 15th on the day was Dave with 90, remaining in 17th. Kev's score of 89 means a one-place drop in the league to 12th, on the same score Pat remains in 18th. Finally John Stones' score of 75 leaves him in 15th.

In two weeks time we'll know who the F1 world champion is. I don't like the idea of the double points for Dhubai, but we're stuck with it now... We'll see what happens. And in our league I would say it's Richard's title to lose! Will his 39-point lead be enough?

Quick Badger update for you all to take note of... Contrary to what I'd expected, Badger will be mirroring real-life by awarding double points for your teams - but not for predictions - at Abu Dhabi. This is what they say;

"DOUBLE POINTS
All points scored by your cars and drivers for Abu Dhabi will be doubled, along with any improvement points they score. Predictions will not be doubled and remain at 15pts each. "

So, maybe it's time for a close look at your team members to see if you might benefit from a change for the final race - either to move up a place, or to avoid dropping down a place! wink 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I see, Richard! A change of mind at Badger HQ apparently... I guess if it's daft to award double points in the race, then it's dafter still to give normal points for predictions! (And I just - in the past few seconds - received an email from badger reminding me to do my predictions.)

I was somewhat unimpressed with Ecclestone's ramblings a few days ago. Along the lines of, We've got double-points for one race because the idiots (teams) wouldn't go along with my propsal for double points for the last three races. So I'm not going to suggest it again, I don't know what they'll do next year. Nothing to do with me...