Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Well, another eventful race, and this time It was Nico on the wrong end of Mercedes gremlins. A convincing win for Lewis in the end, and one that puts them on almost level terms for the championship with only a few races to go.

Our league now looks like this;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 2061
2 Roos racers rk295 1959
3 iQonics GP Racing iqon 1927
4 Revers Racing Pete B 1913
5 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 1879
6 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 1869
7 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1867
8 Typhoontone typhoontone 1859
9 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 1770
10 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1757
11 Norfolk Flyers nss 1707
12 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 1702
13 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 1648
14 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 1587
15 pits specials john stones 1450
16 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 1397
17 Lost the Track Dave 1237
18 rActive Pat Harbord 861

I'll be back shortly with today's winners and losers.

Advert

Several place changes in our league today, mostly, but not all, in the top half of the table.

Highest scorer today is Rob with 162 points and a 3-place gain to 5th. Second highest today is Robin with 158, moving up one to 2nd. Third today is iqon, 143 points, up a place to 3rd.

Fourth was Richard with 135 points, enough to hold on to top spot with a lead of just over 100 points. Fifth today was John Stones, 132 points gaining a place to 15th. Equal sixth today were Karl and Duncan with 128, remaining in 6th and 14th respectively in the league.

Next, in 8th today with 124 points is myself, remaining in 12th. Ninth today was Typhoon Tone with 118 points and a one place drop to 8th. In tenth equal today were Pete and Kev with 103. Kev holds on to 11th place in the league, but Pete slips two places to 4th.

12th today was Erfolg with 102, remaining in 13th, Essex Racing took 13th today with 96 and hold on to 10th. 14th today with 83 points was Simon who stays in 9th.

Our biggest faller of the day was Ian with 73 points - our 15th scorer of the day. Ian drops 3 places to 7th. Equal 16th today with 58 points were Concorde Speedbird dropping a place to 16th and Dave staying on 17th. Rounding off the field today wa PAt with 42 points and remaining in 18th.

So we now have 5 rounds to go. Next up is Japan is next in 2 weeks with early starts for us in the UK - 6am quali and 7am for the race.

Nearly forgot...  Results spreadsheet is on google docs.

Edited By John Privett on 21/09/2014 20:21:16

Well Pat, 5 races left, you could still catch Dave!

As for predictions, you can make predictions for the next race as soon as the results are up for the most recent one. so go and put some in now for Japan! You can change them as often as you like between now and the start of qualifying. If your predictions are bad then there's nothing gained, but nothing lost either. If they're good then you get a load more points. But if you didn't make any then you certainly don't gain anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly earlier than normal, as tomorrow sees qualifying start at 6am UK time, here's the customary reminder - Don't forget your predictions!

Perhaps there should be a 'bonus question' in the predictions this weekend, "Will the typhoon disrupt the race?", but there isn't - just the usual ones; Pole, 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the race, fastest lap and number of safety cars. Lots of extra points up for grabs for right answers, but no points if you forget to enter them!

Once again Lewis and Nico are well ahead of the rest, but with the prospect of a wet (or very wet?) race, could the result be a bit different. We'll have to wait and see... The race starts at 7am UK time on Sunday.

Well an eventful weekend in perhaps too many ways, and I'm sure all our thoughts are with Jules Bianchi. The latest update on the BBC site is that he is "out of surgery and breathing on his own after suffering a severe head injury..."

Badger have not published the tables yet, when they do I'll post ours here.

A really bad crash some vids appearing on the net now from a spectator (look on F1 Technical) and it went in fast and hard at exactly the wrong place and height sad

From the vid it is clear the marshals are waving green flags disgust (and continue to do so) so he was probably at full racing speeds not slowing down as first thought under yellows so a big mistake by somebody sad

I saw the green flags too, I assume they were showing that the track was "green" from that point onwards - the flags were at, or possibly just (but only just) beyond the initial incident. Waved yellows must have been shown up to that point...

Anyway, regardless of that, Jules Bianchi's condition is reported as "critical but stable". I'm sure again all our thoughts are with him and his family.

Our league now looks like this, with only one place change - Ian and Typhoon Tone swap 7th and 8th places. Top scorer of the day is Richard who exteneds his league at the head of the table. Full details are in google docs.

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 2228
2 Roos racers rk295 2115
3 iQonics GP Racing iqon 2080
4 Revers Racing Pete B 2079
5 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 2039
6 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 2012
7 Typhoontone typhoontone 2010
8 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1988
9 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 1928
10 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1908
11 Norfolk Flyers nss 1843
12 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 1819
13 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 1810
14 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 1745
15 pits specials john stones 1562
16 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 1491
17 Lost the Track Dave 1331
18 rActive Pat Harbord 1012

Four races now left, with Sochi, and an unknown track, next weekend.

Posted by John Privett on 06/10/2014 19:28:31:

I saw the green flags too, I assume they were showing that the track was "green" from that point onwards - the flags were at, or possibly just (but only just) beyond the initial incident.

No, cancel that previous comment. I've just watched some of the horrifying video of the crash. The waved yellows were right at the point where the tractor was removing Sutil's car and were switched to greens somewhat prematurely as the tractor was moving towards the exit and about 10 seconds before Bianchi arrived...

Ian - agreed 100%

The green flag means drivers can overtake once they are past the green flag, so it was correct ( if the track ahead was clear)

But the amazing thing is the crane was lifted about a foot or more by the impact and yet the drivers helmet seems unscratched and the visor intact afterwards. Maybe the wheels went underneath the wedge shaped rear weight of the crane and it didnt touch the helmet. Lets hope for a complete recovery for Jules.

Back to qualifying and racing at a rather more civilised hour of the day this weekend, and a noon start for both.

P3 kicks off at 9am Saturday, so you can leave your predictions until after then if you want, but why not do them now? You can always change them after P3 if you need to - but whatever, don't forget your predictions!

As a mark of respect for Jules Bianchi, Marussia F1Team will be running just the one car this weekend.

The badger results are now posted from Russia, and our league looks like this;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 2363
2 iQonics GP Racing iqon 2271
3 Revers Racing Pete B 2252
4 Roos racers rk295 2250
5 Typhoontone typhoontone 2183
6 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 2177
7 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 2128
8 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 2101
9 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 2092
10 Essex Racing Essex Racing 2072
11 Norfolk Flyers nss 1986
12 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 1972
13 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 1953
14 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 1906
15 pits specials john stones 1638
16 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 1587
17 Lost the Track Dave 1418
18 rActive Pat Harbord 1110

Give me a few minutes to crunch the numbers and I'll be back with 'who done what'...

Once again all the place changes (and there are several!) are in the top half of the league.

Top scorer of the day is iqon with a score of 191, moving up a place to 2nd.

Second equal today with 173 points are Pete B who moves up a place to 3rd and typhoontone who moves up 2 places to 5th.

Fourth equal taoday with 164 points are Simon and Essex Racing, no place changes for them remaining in 9th and 10th respectively. Sixth today was Duncan with 161 points, staying in 14th overall. I was 7th today with 153, remaining in 12th.

Equal eighth today with 143 points are Kev and erfolg. They remain one either side of me in 11th and 13th. Tenth today was Rob with 138, and a 1-place drop to 6th. Richard and Robin tie for 11th today with 135 points. Richard remains top, albeit with a reduced lead, but Robin is our biggest faller of the day, slipping 2 places to 4th.

Unlucky 13th today is Karl with 116 points and a 1-place drop to 7th. Ian is our 14th placed scorer today with 113, but he remains in 8th.

Our final 4 places today come from the bottom 4 in the league. Pat scored 98, CSB scored 96, Dave got 87 and John Stones 76. They remain in 18th, 16th, 17th and 15th places respectively.

Once again all the details are in the spreadsheet in google docs. Now a 3-week break until the USA Grand Prix in Austin, Texas.

--

Tous pour Jules - #17