Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Right then, you shouldn't need reminding by now, but I'll remind you all anyway...

Don't forget your predictions!

Qualifying and race are both at 1pm UK time, so you've got just under 15 hours to get your predictions in.

It looks like another Mercedes 1-2 if the reliability holds up - but who will be "1", and who will be "2"? Nico had the advantage by six and a half hundredths of a second in P1, Lewis had it by two and a half hundredths in P2.

I'm off to a wedding in Harrogate tomorrow, so I won't get to see qualifying. And I'm not sure if I'll be home in time to see the race live. Either way you won't hear any more from me on here until after the race.

Now, go and do your predictions. No excuses! wink 2

Edited By John Privett on 18/07/2014 22:12:55

Advert

WELL, I found out why I did so poorly at the last race! I had altered one of my cars in the team. It was only when making my predictions that I found out, that two of my cars had no name, as I had overspent, and somehow did not noticecrying 2.

I now only have one change left, having wasted two, in one change. can things get worse, yes, they always can!

I have just found out what it does not like.

I have changed two of my cars to the same team, it initially accepts this. When you come back, you are told you have overspent and lost a change, in my case now 3. My changes to the cars should have left me 12 million underspent, rather than an overspend.

Your not the only one Erflog, just logged into my badger having totally forgotten my predictions to find my team has overspent and changed since last race. I've not changed team options in the last 4 races so why is it different now i wonder. Can't do anything about it as we are locked out till after the race so expecting to drop a huge amount of points this time round.

Karl my crystal ball is failing me totally.

I did change my mind having predicted that Nico would qualify on pole and had thought, either Lewis would be second or crash out. Not having faith in my balls, I changed itcrying 2

The other thing i have just woke up to as well as switching to two cars in the same team, I switched a driver. The unfortunate thing is although i slowly realised that was not allowed, i did not twig I still had the same inadequate driver line up.

So in the last race i go no points for the second or third cars, as either line up would have given me some points, I got nix punct.crying 2

I had started to think if I were a Mercedes manager i would be switching the prime resource. first dibs, from Lewis to Nico. Cannot do the switch now, as it will cost 25 points.

Results are out, and another poor result for me at least! My headlong plunge towards the foot of the table continues! Back soon with more details.

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 1543
2 Revers Racing Pete B 1414
3 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1413
4 iQonics GP Racing iqon 1378
5 Roos racers rk295 1373
6 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 1318
7 Typhoontone typhoontone 1300
8 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1279
9 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 1246
10 Norfolk Flyers nss 1223
11 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 1219
12 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 1209
13 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 1177
14 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 1085
15 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 1066
16 pits specials john stones 1005
17 Lost the Track Dave 932
18 rActive Pat Harbord 589

Not so many place changes today, and the top 5 in our league remain unchanged.

So, top scorer for today in our league is Duncan with 197 points - moving him up a place to 15th. Second best was Robin with 193, but with others around the top also scoring well he remains in 5th. Third on the day is Richard, 190 points and enough to keep him in top position.

Fourth on the day and remaining in fourth in the league is iqon with 179 points. A good score from the lower end of the table gives Dave our 5th best score of the day, 177 points but no place change, remaining in 17th. Ian's 176 points is 6th best on the day, but no place change, staying in 3rd.

Rob was 7th today with 165 points jumping two places to 9th - our biggest gainer of places today. 8th is Simon, 150 points and a one-place gain to 11th. Karl was 9th with 149 and moves up a place to 6th.

Essex Racing was 10th on the day with 142 points and remains in 8th. CSB was 11th with 134, remaining 14th in the league. Typhoontone scored 125, our =12th best, and slips a place to 7th. Also scoring 125, Pete remains second in the league.

Norfolk scored 123, 14th best today and stays in 10th place. Erfolg's 115 points is 15th best today and keeps him in 13th place. John Stones is 16th today with 103 and slips to 16th. A disastrous 96 points means a 3 place drop for me to 12th, and Pat's score of 44 makes me wonder if he's still around and participating? Anyway, he remains in 18th.

Don't forget it's Hungary next weekend - you could always do your predictions now, in case you forget... And then update them later.

Posted by Erfolg on 19/07/2014 11:44:48:

I have just found out what it does not like.

I have changed two of my cars to the same team, it initially accepts this. When you come back, you are told you have overspent and lost a change, in my case now 3. My changes to the cars should have left me 12 million underspent, rather than an overspend.

Sorry, erfolg. I don't quite follow what it is that you're doing...

I think you're saying that you can can edit your team and pick the same car twice. Is that right? Because I can't do that! When I click on the drop-down to change the selection of one of my cars the entries already selected as the other two are not available for selection. So I couldn't pick the same car twice, or three times.

Also if I overspend then I'm warned about it in a message, and the Save button is not active - so I can't save an overbudget team.

Just wondering if you've disabled Javascript, or are using an odd browser? Somebody else reported what sounds like a similar issue, that was apparently due to a bug in the mobile browser he was using. See here.

Right then, for the last time before the summer break...

Don't forget your predictions!

P1 and P2 have both seen Lewis posting fastest times. He's won here 4 times out of the last 7, but what will happen tomorrow? Will we see a return to normality in qualifying? Vetell and Alonso weren't too far behind the two Mercedes today.

So, qualifying starts as usual (for a European race) at 1pm UK time. Get those predictions done!

I reckon so John, given the completely shocking fire incident with Hammy's car.....smile o

How can one Mercedes be reliable when the other one catches fire?.......I hope it isn't an Anglo-Germanic conspiracy to make sure a German wins!! surprise

Maybe I have watched too many movies.....lol smile p

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 27/07/2014 15:01:42

Simon

If it were simply about a German winning, Lewis would be yesterdays news, Vettel would be sitting in what would have been his car.

For Mercedes, this is not about sport, it is all about business, selling cars, making money.

Although disappointed I do not think any of us wants to cause offence, the comments regarding the nationality (of Nico) have raised a few eyebrows, no need for further concerns need to be raised.

Look at another way, with a car so much faster, only a Mercedes powered car can win, or get in the points. As for conspiracy, why does Nico have to conserve fuel, when leading from beginning to end, yet Lewis has no issues on fuel saving, even though thrashing the car, is Lewis being favoured? Probably not, yet there will be an answer.

Like others my predictions are as good as Gipsy Rose Lees are, need a better crystal ball, I am never far out, enough to gain 0 points.

Well, I won't give anything away, results-wise, for those yet to watch the race on the BBC - but what a race! Do watch it if you can.

I've now no idea whether my team points will be good, bad, or indifferent! But when I get back from flying, if the Badger scores are up I'll post the results.

Results are now available - here's the Modelflying Forumites league as we go into the summer break;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 1661
2 Roos racers rk295 1520
3 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1519
4 Revers Racing Pete B 1505
5 iQonics GP Racing iqon 1505
6 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 1464
7 Typhoontone typhoontone 1406
8 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 1390
9 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 1387
10 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1382
11 Norfolk Flyers nss 1329
12 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 1300
13 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 1264
14 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 1197
15 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 1184
16 pits specials john stones 1129
17 Lost the Track Dave 1043
18 rActive Pat Harbord 698

A few place changes today, some gaining (or losing!) 2 places, and Robin gaining 3!

Top scorer today is Simon - despite his earlier doubts. Simon's score of 168 is an equal 13th overall in Badger - well done Simon. This lifts him 2 places to 9th. Second today is Robin - 147 points means a 3-place gain to 2nd. Third today with one point less than Robin (146) is Karl, but no change in places.

Fourth is Rob, 144 points moves Rob up a place to 8th. Duncan is 5th today with 131 and moves up a place to 14th. Iqon is 6th with 127, but slips a place to 5th - though with the same number of points overall as Pete in 4th.

John Stones socre of 124 is our 7th-best today, no place change but he's now got a 4-figure score overall. At the top of the table Richard could only manage an 8th-best score of 118, but hangs on to top place anyway. Dave's 111 is 9th-best today - he stays in 17th.

Pat scored 109 - 10th best but remains at the foot of the table. Ian, TyphoonTone and Kev tied for 11th today, each scoring 106. Ian stays in 3rd, Tone in 7th, but Kev slips a place to 11th.

Essex scored 103 - 14th best on the day and drops 2 places to 10th. CSB scored 99, out 15th-best of the day, and also drops to 15th. Pete and I both managed to pick up 91 points - 16th= best today, Pete drops 2 places to 4th and I hang on to 12th. Erfolg brings up the rear today with 87 and stays in 13th.

Well, I think my team needs a bit of thinking about over the summer break... I'll leave it up to each of you to decide whether or not your own teams need a similar rethink!

Spa next in 4 weeks. And a further 7 rounds after that.  As usual the round-by-round league scores are in google docs.

Edited By John Privett on 27/07/2014 20:35:50