Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Well, that's a pleasant surprise! 5 out of 6 correct predictions helped - like many, I suspect, I didn't foresee Fernando popping up in 3rd...disgust

I shall bask in the glory for at least 3 weekssmile d - then I suppose normal service will be resumed and it will all go pear-shaped....sad

I reckon it isn't going to get any easier from here on..... face 7

Pete

Advert

Pete - when you're at the top, the only direction you can move is DOWN! teeth 2

I got 5 out of 6 predictions too - I did (not sure why!) reckon Fernando would be third, I didn't see Nico getting fastest lap though. But I also shuffled my team during the week and I rather suspect I'd have got a better score with the original team! Ho hum...

Hi Duncan, and welcome aboard!

It's all good fun, I've been doing this league for about 3 or so years, and before that Metro ran one, before that I think it was ITV. When things go well it all seems so easy, but then sometimes you can find you predict all the podium places - but in the wrong order, your pole prediction misses pole by a couple of 1/1000s of a second, and your zero safety car prediction fizzles out with a "minor" incident in an awkward place in the closing laps just as half your team cars and drivers retire! crying 2

Now, don't forget your predictions for Spain! wink 2

Posted by John Privett on 21/04/2014 19:15:14:

Pete - when you're at the top, the only direction you can move is DOWN! teeth 2

I got 5 out of 6 predictions too - I did (not sure why!) reckon Fernando would be third, I didn't see Nico getting fastest lap though. But I also shuffled my team during the week and I rather suspect I'd have got a better score with the original team! Ho hum...

Don't I know sad

• 2 weeks later...

Right then everybody. Another weekend and another race! So, don't forget your predictions!

Mercedes, and Lewis in particular, appear to have dominated P1 and P2, with Ricciardo's Red Bull nearly a second behind and Vettel suffering electrical problems and only getting 4 laps in.

Wait until after P3 if you like - but why not do your predictions now? You can change them as often as you want between now and the start of qualifying at 1pm tomorrow, UK time.

So, a lively finish to the race with Lewis just holding on to 1st... And our table now looks like this;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Revers Racing Pete B 798
2 Richfr F1 Richard 793
3 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 705
4 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 699
5 Typhoontone typhoontone 689
6 iQonics GP Racing iqon 682
7 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 636
8 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 619
9 Roos racers rk295 609
10 Essex Racing Essex Racing 604
11 Norfolk Flyers nss 591
12 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 584
13 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 562
14 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 540
15 pits specials john stones 512
16 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 415
17 Lost the Track Dave 350
18 rActive Pat Harbord 254

All the details are on my spreadsheet in Google Docs, but here's a brief resumé.

Top scorer today was Robin with 183 points, jumping 4 places up the league, demoting Essex, nss, erfolg and CS a position each. There were no other place changes in the table today. 2nd today was Richard with 164 points, 3rd was Ian with 160.

I guess lots of us did well on the predictions - I missed out only on fastest lap, and more than half my points today came form the predictions. I think I need to reshuffle my team a bit though!

Next up is Monaco in 2 weeks - don't forget your predictions! wink 2

Hi John, I've just been reading more about how the fantasy points works, I didn't realise bonus points were available for drivers who start towards the back of the grid and finish much closer to the front. Vettel was worth 33 in bonus points alone today. That has got me thinking

r.

Or perhaps Vettel, who has done the same previously.

In recent years Jenson seems to go backwards, which seems to say much about his car and the team strategy as Jenson himself.

It does seem that Red Bull are new No.2 team, where they will remain, unless Renault are allowed to improve the engine package.

Yes, it does appear that RB have been making significant advances, though with equally significant reliability problems - mainly for Vettel! A consequence, I guess, of their lack of laps over the winter test sessions.

I believe Renault have already been delivering improvements to the engine.

Haha John, I guess thats the problem. You need a driver who consistently qualifies badly and finishes high. Hmm, bit of a gamble!

Regarding the Renault engine, I am a little confused as to what they can change during the season and what they cannot. Does anybody know?

r.

Edited By Robin Kearney on 11/05/2014 19:19:25

The Toro Rosso's were very strong through the speed traps, and they have Renault engines and being a high downforce track Red Bull should have been closer, but weren't. Mercedes seem to be better everywhere, it'd be nice to see some competition. Mclaren are disappointing. Glad Hamilton is doing well, great drive from Vettel and Grosjean too.

CS

• 2 weeks later...

Right then folks... Another weekend, another country and it's the Monaco Grand Prix. So who needs a reminder?

Don't forget your PREDICTIONS!

As usual you have until the start of quali at 1pm tomorrow, but why wait until then? Get them done now and you can change them after P3 tomorrow if you want!

The two Mercedes drives headed P1, but didn't have it all their own way yesterday as rain disrupted P2 and Alonso found himself of Hamilton. Sunshine is forecast for Saturday, and light cloud for Sunday.

And now I'm off to go and do my predictions!

WARNING QUALIFYING SPOILER ALERT! Don't read on if you are waiting for BBC TV footage!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Well that was a rather ironic 'mistake' from Rosberg, I haven't seen the footage but I hope it was a genuine mistake rather than a bid to stop Hamilton's lap. Things at Mercedes could be about to get feisty, the race tomorrow could well be won by someone other than Mercedes if it does!

CS

Again- don't read if you don't want to know!

Race officials have apparently launched an investigation into the Rosberg incident. I doubt they'd do anything, but they moved Schumacher to the back in 2006 but he actually blocked the road. I am not sure at the moment, Rosberg seems too nice, but I bet Lewis is not happy at all. I will remain neutral! Meanwhile, great job by Ricciardo and Magnussen.

CS

I reckon it probably wasn't deliberate.

When Shumacher pulled his outrageous stunt it was blatantly obvious - he gently rolled to a halt on a part of the track that guaranteed he'd be obstructing traffic even if no yellow flags were waved.

Rosberg at least made it look as if he'd made a mistake and carried on up the escape road to a position where a yellow flag (which is what prevented others setting fast laps) was by no means a certainty.

But there certainty was a bit of an atmosphere between the two drivers afterwards. I think we could have fireworks tomorrow...

Posted by John Privett on 24/05/2014 20:48:21:
Posted by iqon on 24/05/2014 20:09:14:

Never mind - 25 Points in the bag.......cheeky

25, iqon? I think you'll find it's only 15 points per prediction this year. smile p

only 15 - , not fair......sad