Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

I forgot to do my predictions, but I am quite pleased with my teams/drivers. Shame about Hamilton only getting a V5 engine, but I think he will win in Malaysia, but Rosberg looks brilliant, finally gets the car he deserves. My favourite team Mclaren back where they should be but Williams look quicker, and I do feel sorry for Ricciardo (and Vettel a little bit).

I like the Turbo sounds but the engines could be a little louder, but overall I like the new engines even if they don't quite have the excitement of the V8's (and especially the V10's).

CS

Posted by John Privett on 16/03/2014 21:40:27:
Posted by john stones 1 on 16/03/2014 21:38:08:

was much said about Schummy?

Nothing that I heard on the Sky coverage.

And I reckon you're right about the RB appeal.

Murray Walker made a nice tribute to MS on Desert Island Discs today....

I certainly hope they restore DR's position - that'll level the playing field here again.....face 20

Pete

After what I have read about the RB fuel flow incident I doubt they will get it overturned. The FIA twice told them they where using too much fuel flow (before the race and during it) and too adjust the flow accordingly and they didn't.
Other teams where also told to change the flow and they all adjusted but RB didn't and got excluded for it.

Yep last year I started at the bottom and there was only one way to go.... this year I've started at the top and my position is already under threat! I'm in for a hard season dont know

From a league point of view it would obviously not be to my advantage if the RB appeal succeeded but I think the reality is fairly straight forward.
If RB delivered more fuel to the engine than anyone else was allowed to, then they had an unfair advantage and explains the good performance of their car in the hands of someone who would use it well.
If the RB did not deliver more fuel to the engine than anyone else was allowed to, then they've done a good job and Riccardo deserves his place on the podium.

Proving the case may be something else.

I can't knock Riccardo though, he's in for a sparkling future in F1.... and he's not the only one that shone is he? I think there's one or two old hands that had better do well this year, otherwise next year they'll get the thumbs down.

Yes shame for Riccardo and would like to see how Vettel manages with a teammate that is beating him.

I don't think it will matter if Red Bull can prove the car didn't exceed the limit as it exceeded the limit according to the regulation FIA measuring device and advised them the limit was broken. The measuring devices are (should be) all calibrated the same so it was the same for all the other teams.

It seems I do not understand the new rules at all. I had thought that the limitation was on the total amount of fuel used. It now seems that there is a maximum rate which it can be used?

I am anticipating something of a lottery until some experience has been gained.

I was tempted by Hamilton for pole, although I did think that Rosberg would be a better bet, particularly for the race, given his apparent reliable judgement and pace. With respect to this race at least, my only judgement with any varsity was with respect to Button.

As long as the rules permit innovation, I do fancy Renault, Red Bull and Vettel in the long run. Ah, but then there is Rosberg and MB, decisions, decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Right everyone, customary reminder time! I know some of you have already done them, but for those who haven't, DON'T FORGET YOUR PREDICTIONS!

You have until the start of qualifying, which if I'm not mistaken is 8am on Saturday morning. And thanks to the overnight clock change the race is at 9am on Sunday. And you can change your predictions as many times as you want before qualifying starts.

Simon, I can see you're in the main league as Webby F1 Racing Team. So now click on "Friends Leagues", select "Modelflying Forumites" and when prompted enter the passcode: 651923. Then you'll be in our mini-league as well.

You're a race behind, but that's not a problem as some of us didn't score as well as we might have hoped, eh Robin? wink 2

I agree with those who are undecided as to their predictions.

I am reluctant to go the Mercedes way, but it seems the team to beat. Mclaren seem seem to be almost there. Yet Ferrari seem to be hamstrung at present by F1 software issues, rather than their own software. As for Red Bull, you get the impression that they could easily come good all of a sudden, yet lack of successful testing seem to be a problem, then there is the flashes of performance, which fades as quick.

All a lottery it seems, other than the top order is basically familiar, with the also runs, almost shining, yet you would not bet on it lasting.

I predict my predictions will not gain many pointscrying 2

Anyone for power-boating? Looking a bit wet at the moment and qualifying delayed for a while...

However the rain has stopped now and things could be underway soon. It could be a bit of a lottery though if the track is going to be drying out and times getting faster as the session goes on. And always the possibility of further rain.