Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

OK then, the results are now published on Badger and I see that I still only got 3 predictions right. The BBC tell me that Nico got fastest lap!

So our league table looks like this after Spa;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 1656
2 Revers Racing Pete B 1621
3 RichF1 richfr 1483
4 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 1473
5 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 1421
6 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 1390
7 Roos Racers rk295 1385
8 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 1218
9 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 1205
10 iqon racing here to win iqon 1178
11 Lost The Track David Gilder 1159
12 pits specials pits specials 1139
13 rActive GP Pat Harbord 1102
14 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 1075
15 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1011
16 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 977
17 GoneWesthall SteveT 905
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 838
Give me a few minutes to crunch the numbers and I'll be back to say 'who done what' today...

Not so many place changes today.

David is our top scorer today with 195 points. This propels him 3 places up the league to 11th.

Second today, and remaining second in the league is Pete with 172.

Third today and still making up ground after his late start to the season is Jacob with 166.

No place changes for the next 11! So we have the following positions and scores for today;

4th, Tony H, 163 points

5th, Simon, 145 points - still at the top, but with a reduced margin!

6th, myself, 133 points

7th, Rich, 132 points

8th=, Carl and Robin, 130 points each

10th, Martyn, 121 points

11th=, Gary and Pat, 117 points

13th, iqon, 102 points

14th, Ian, 94 points

Slipping two places in the league is Kev, our 15th-best scorer with 88 points. Steve has our 16th score of the day with 82 points, remaining one off the bottom of the league.

Seventeenth today, and slipping a place to 12th are the pits specials with 78 points, and 18th today, with 58 points remaining in 15th place is Essex Racing.

Monza coming up in two weeks time, so don't forget your predictions!

Oh, and as usual, the round-by-round scores can be viewed here.

Edited By John Privett on 23/08/2015 17:20:11

Thanks Simon.

Well that was a nice surprise.... My best ever score, propelling me up the table, and the 59th highest score for the race on Badger!

I know its not the highest place anyone has got from the forum but it certainly is for me!!!

don't worry though as normal low score operations will resume shortly I'm sure!!

cheeky

• 2 weeks later...

And so, the final European race of the season takes place this weekend at Monza. And my customary reminder, "Don't forget your predictions!"

Mercedes seem well ahead after the first two practice sessions, can Ferrari and Force India - the next fastest in P1 and P2 do anything to narrow the gap? Qualifying starts at the customary time of 1pm (UK-time) tomorrow with the race on Sunday at the same time. Looks like the BBC folks will have to wait for highlights at about 5pm each day.

I'm off to do my predictions right now. thumbs up

Sorry for the delay folks, been out flying and grabbed something to eat on my return. So without further ado, here is how our league table looks after Monza;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 1804
2 Revers Racing Pete B 1781
3 RichF1 richfr 1588
4 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 1576
5 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 1563
6 Roos Racers rk295 1529
7 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 1500
8 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 1383
9 iqon racing here to win iqon 1333
10 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 1330
11 Lost The Track David Gilder 1265
12 pits specials pits specials 1220
13 rActive GP Pat Harbord 1202
14 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 1163
15 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1102
16 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1053
17 GoneWesthall SteveT 1021
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 944
I'll be back shortly with more info...

A dominant race for Lewis, and a disappointing one for Nico. The Ferrari challenge was not as strong as some thought it might be - and what an awful start for Kimi!

In our mini-league there are a few place changes today, all in the top 10 places of the table.

Top scorer today is Gary with 165 points. Despite this Gary is not one of today's upward movers, remaining 8th in the table.

Second today was Pete with 160 points. Again no place change, Pete stays second in the table, but he's narrowing the gap to first.

Joint third today with 155 points are iqon and myself. Iqon gains a place to 9th, and I gain a place to 4th.

Fifth today was Simon with 148 points, still top of the league but with Pete gradually catching up... Sixth today is Robin with 144 points, moving up a place to sixth in the table. Martyn posts our seventh-best score of the day, 125, but slips a place to 10th.

Eighth today was Steve with 116 points. Steve remains 17th. Carl produced our 9th-best score of the day, 110, but slips a place to 7th. Joint tenth today were David and Jacob with 106, keeping them 11th and 18th respectively in the table.

Twelfth today was Rich with 105. Rich stays in 3rd place, but now has 4 other players less than 100 points behind him! Thirteenth today was Pat with 100, remaining 13th in the table too. Essex Racing are our 14th placed team today with 91 points, remaining 15th in the league.

Tony's score of 90 points makes him our 15th placed score today, and drops him a place in the table to 5th. Kev's Norfolk Flyers scored 88 points today and remain 14th in the table. The Pits Specials socred 81 and stay in 12th. Finally today, Ian scored 76 and remains in 16th place.

I was rather concerned that the tyre pressure issue might have led to some penalties, but the stewards decision seems to be a common-sense one.

Next round in two weeks time is Singapore in the dark - if I've done my sums correctly quali is at 2pm UK time on Saturday, with the race at 1pm on Sunday.

As usual the spreadsheet with our round-by-round scores can be viewed here.

Thanks, Simon - I'm feeling rather lucky this evening as following a small change to my team things seemed to be falling apart from early in the race - and getting 4 predictions wrong didn't help at all!

I can only see it getting more difficult in the next few weeks.... just one free change left......smile o

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Pay attention everyone! It's another Grand Prix weekend, and this time we're in Singapore. Well, the teams are anyway, I guess most of us aren't! But very conveniently they're sticking to European time so we can have the race at the normal time while they're in the dark.

And it's a bit of an odd sight looking at the leaderboard for P1 and P2. But why not put some predictions in now if you haven't already done so, and maybe change them again after P3 tomorrow morning...

But whatever you do, Don't forget your predictions!

Looks like it's not a BBC race, so I'll be back on Sunday with the results/league table after the Beeb have screened the highlights, and when I'm back from flying.