Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

A bit of a topsy-turvy race for many today... Even my 1 safety-car prediction failed, thanks to the nutter walking on the track.

The badger website seems to be having problems at the moment, as soon as scores are available I'll post the table here. I'm expecting one of my lowest ever scores, I suspect I'm not the only one!

Right then, the Badger site is now back, though responding very slowly - maybe traffic, maybe not... It seems to have stabilized now

As I thought, my score is grim... Not sure about others yet - I need to do some number-crunching first!

Anyway, the modelflying league table now looks like this;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 1910
2 Revers Racing Pete B 1870
3 RichF1 richfr 1675
4 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 1666
5 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 1638
6 Roos Racers rk295 1595
7 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 1581
8 iqon racing here to win iqon 1453
9 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 1438
10 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 1407
11 pits specials pits specials 1329
12 Lost The Track David Gilder 1313
13 rActive GP Pat Harbord 1254
14 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 1251
15 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1211
16 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1118
17 GoneWesthall SteveT 1106
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 986
I'll be back with more soon...

No change in the top three positions of the league (or the bottom six) and three pairs of place changes.

Top scorer today is iqon with 120 points and a one-place gain in the league to 8th.

Second scorer today is shared by the Pits Specials and Essex Racing with 109 points each. Pits Specials moves up a place to 11th, Essex remains 15th in the league.

Fourth today, and remaining in top spot in the league is Simon with 106 points. Fifth today is Tony with 103 points, and he re-takes 4th place from me - which he lost at Monza. Sixth today is Pete with 89 points. Pete remains second in the league.

Seventh today is Kev's Norfolk Flyers with 88 points. Kev remains 14th in the league. Eighth today is Rich with 87 points. Rich stays 3rd with a reduced margin of only 9 points ahead of 4th. Ninth today is Steve with 85 points. Steve remains one from the foot of the league but now with an increased margin from Jacob.

Tenth today is Carl with 81 points which leaves him 7th in the league. Eleventh today is Martyn with 77 points. Martyn holds on to 10th in the league. Twelfth today is Robin with 66 points, staying 6th in the league.

13th on the day is Ian with 65 points, staying 16th in the league. My grim score of 62 was the 14th of the day, I slip a place to 5th. 15th today is Gary with 55 points Gary slips a place to 9th.

Pat scored 52 today leaving him 13th in the league. David scored 48 and slips a place to 12th, and finally Jacob scored 42 and stays at the foot of the table.

Japan is up next, and it's a return to getting up at silly o'clock in the morning next weekend for those watching it live!

Will Mercedes work out where they lost out this weekend, or do we have to put with Vettel strutting around again poking his finger in the air? And who was the mystery spectator whose stroll on the circuit cost me 10 points in my predictions? I like to have "a word" with him. Answers on the back of a postcard please...

As always the grim realities of our scores can be viewed in google docs.

Edited By John Privett on 20/09/2015 22:01:06

OK - customary reminder. Don't leave it too late as qualifying starts in less than 10 hours time!

Don't forget your predictions!

But with a wet P1 & P2, you might want to wait until after P3. However as that doesn't start until 4am, that might not be an option for most of us!

Qualifying is at 7am tomorrow with the race at 6am on Sunday.

STOP PRESS: It's all change at the top of our mini league after today's race at Suzuka!

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Revers Racing Pete B 2053
2 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 2023
3 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 1810
4 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 1798
5 RichF1 richfr 1787
6 Roos Racers rk295 1753
7 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 1733
8 iqon racing here to win iqon 1620
9 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 1574
10 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 1521
11 pits specials pits specials 1504
12 Lost The Track David Gilder 1431
13 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 1339
14 rActive GP Pat Harbord 1336
15 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1323
16 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1261
17 GoneWesthall SteveT 1170
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 1111
More details soon...

A more "conventional" result today and our top 5 in the league have all moved around.

Our top scorer of the day is Pete with an excellent 183 points. Pete surges to the top of the table taking advantage of a not-so-good score from Simon. Pete now leads by 30 points, having been 40 points behind.

Second score of the day is John's Pits Specials with 175 points. No place changes, the Pits remain 11th, but close the gap on 10th to only 17 points.

Third today was iqon with 167. Iqon remains 8th in the league with a slightly reduced gap to 7th.

Fourth today was myself with 160 points. I move back up to fourth in the table. Fifth today was Robin with 158 points. Robin remains sixth in the league. Sixth today was Carl with 152 points, keeping him 7th in the table.

7th today is Tony with 144 points. Tony moves up a place to 3rd. Ian produced our 8th-best score of the day with 143 points. No place change for Ian though, Gary got our 9th best score today with 136 points and stays 9th in the table.

10th today was Jacob with 125 points. He remains at the foot of the table but closes the gap above him to 59 points. David was 11th scorer today with 118 points, keeping him 12th in the table. Martyn got our 12th score today with 114 points, staying 10th in the table.

13th today is Simon with 113. Simon loses his top spot and slips to 2nd in the table. Another faller today is Rich, slipping 2 places in the table to 5th following his score of 112 points. Essex Racing scored the same as Rich, sharing 14th on the day and remaining 15th in the table.

Kev got our 16th score of the day with 88 points and sneaks ahead of Pat in the table as Pat scored 82 - 17th-best of the day. So Kev is now 13th in the table and Pat 14th, but with only 3 points between them. Finally Steve scored 64 and remains 17th in the table.

So two weeks now until Russia. I'm not going to be around much that weekend, so the results might be slightly delayed.

As always the details of our scores are here.

Edited By John Privett on 27/09/2015 10:00:29

• 2 weeks later...

Russia this weekend, and an early reminder as I probably won't be online much (if at all) between now and Monday evening.

So, "Don't forget your predictions!"

I'll try and post at least the table on Sunday evening, but it might be late or not at all - but I'll be back on Monday evening, though even that might not be until after our club committee meeting. Normal service will be resumed as soon as.... face 22

It's a BBC and Sky weekend and both quali and the race are at noon - not that I'm likely to see either.

Right then, after a bit of a delay (maybe waiting for the result to be officially confirmed following Raikkonen's penalty) the results are up on Badger. And here is our table tonight;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Revers Racing Pete B 2162
2 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 2141
3 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 1949
4 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 1912
5 RichF1 richfr 1906
6 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 1844
7 Roos Racers rk295 1843
8 iqon racing here to win iqon 1711
9 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 1690
10 Wheels and Wings Martyn Kinder 1610
11 pits specials pits specials 1592
12 Lost The Track David Gilder 1503
13 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 1461
14 rActive GP Pat Harbord 1445
15 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1411
16 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 1368
17 GoneWesthall SteveT 1296
18 Concorde Racing Jacob Cleverley 1188
Only one place-swap in the table, more on that shortly.

A quick rundown on today's scores, no place changes unless specifically mentioned;

Top scorer today was Tony with 139

Second was Steve with 126

Third was Kev with 122

4th today was Rich with 119, 5th was Simon with 118 and 6th was Gary with 116.

7th was myself with 114, 8th was Carl with 111 which moves him up a place to 6th. 9th= with 109 were Pete and Pat

11th was Ian with 107, 12th Iqon with 91, 13th was Robin with 90, slipping a place to 7th, and 14th was Martyn with 89

15th= were Pits specials and Essex Racing with 88, 17th was Jacob with 77 and 18th David with 72.

A fairly low-scoring day all round, and lots of people with scores close together - less than 20 points separated the 2nd and 11th highest scores in our league today.

Next up is the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas where, no doubt, more silly hats will be worn on the podium. teeth 2 That's in 2 weeks time with the race at 7pm and qualifying at 6pm. Until then, today's score breakdown can be viewed here.

Well I will bothered! I was totally convinced that the race was a total disaster for me, never mind gaining a place.

Although being open, I am really pleased that Vettel and Ferrari are the nearest to making a fight of it with Mercedes. It seems just the same as when Vettel was at Red Bull, he squeezed something extra out of the car, compared with the other team member. This is more apparent at Ferrari where Vettel has been instrumental in helping Raikkoken in obtaing the best qualification lap. I wonder if RB now regrets some of their previous actions?

Does any one else share my frustrations for Jenson, a useless engine and at times a poor chassis?

I am hoping that next year will be different, with the other engine producers having competitive units. Then perhaps Mercedes will perhaps be more amenable to engine development during the season.

I am fearful that my results will go down hill from now on.crying 2

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the customary reminder, as we enter another GP weekend...

Don't forget your predictions!

Now, having said that, there does seem to be a bit of uncertainty over the race... Patricia (that's the Hurricane, not my mother-in-law!) is having a bit of an influence on things. P1 was rain-affected and P2 was cancelled due to heavy rain.

Tomorrow's forecast is for very heavy rain - 10, 20, or possibly even as much as 30cm in places. So qualifying could be pushed back to Sunday which is looking likely to be a little dryer. There is also the possibility that next weekend's GP in Mexico could be in doubt if Hurricane Patricia causes a lot of damage there.

Hopefully things will become clearer as we get closer to the scheduled start of qualifying - you've got until 7pm Saturday to get your predictions done, but why not get a "banker" set done now?

I will say nothing about the race itself as the BBC coverage doesn't start until 10:30.

If the Badger results have been published I will post them here shortly after the BBC coverage finished at midnight - however Badger have a GP "event" in London showing the race live, so I'm not sure how quickly they'll have the results available after that! It might not be until tomorrow...