Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

OK everyone, pay attention! It's another weekend, and time for the Bahrain GP. So, the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

But what to predict?... And should we change our teams? The frist two practice sessions appear to show Ferrari in control. Maybe no surprise as the Bahrain circuit is much more like Barcelona than Melbourne was.

FP3 is tomorrow at noon followed by qualifying at 3pm UK-time. The race is at 4.10pm UK-time - and don't forget to put the clocks forward on Saturday night.

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 29/03/2019 21:49:05:

Cheers John.

I haven't a clue what to do, not made changes, now don't know if I should.crookquestion

You're not the only one, mate - I've made changes and I'm now wondering whether I should have...

I'll let you know Sunday...wink 2

Pete

Posted by Robin Kearney on 31/03/2019 20:06:17:

I won't spoil it for those who've yet to watch it, but I have a question about predictions. What does "Nearly" mean? Both times the prediction was one out (for the quali). Do I get a point for that?

Nearly gives you half points (5 I believe)

Ade

Posted by Robin Kearney on 31/03/2019 20:06:17:

I won't spoil it for those who've yet to watch it, but I have a question about predictions. What does "Nearly" mean? Both times the prediction was one out (for the quali). Do I get a point for that?

As Ade says, you get 5 points but only for having a near-miss on the final podium position, ie you predict a podium place but the driver finishes in one of the other two places. Nothing for coming close with a quali prediction - as I well know....teeth 2

Pete

It looks like the race on Channel4 is coming towards the end, so time to start getting the results together...

Top scorer today was Chris with 176 points. Only five points behind Chris was Flyer and 3rd place, on 161 points, was Robin - with Pete and Kev snapping at his heels!

Full results as follows;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 176
2 PSS Power Flyer 171
3 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 161
4 Revers Racing Pete B 160
5 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 158
6 Pitts Specials john stones 152
7 iqon racing iqon 148
8 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 141
9 AeroArrows Bondaero 138
10 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 129
11 Torque of the devil Stu 117
12 Essex Racing Tony Clark 115
13 teewrex John Tee 97
14 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 86

So, how does it look now in the overall table with two races completed?

Robin remains in top place on 326 points. Chris moves up 5 places today to take second on 285 and Flyer moves up 2 places to 3rd on 284.

Iqon slips a place to 4th while Kev moves up 1 to 5th. Simon suffers a 4-place drop to 6th and Pete moves up 2 to 7th. John S Stays put in 8th while I suffer a 5-place drop to 9th. Bondaero, Stu and Tony remain unchanged in 10th, 11th & 12th respectively whilst at the foot of the table John Tee and Charles swap places.

Pos Change Team Manager Pts
1 +1 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 326
2 +5 GASTON Formula Chris McG 285
3 +2 PSS Power Flyer 284
4 -1 iqon racing iqon 271
5 +1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 269
6 -4 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 268
7 +2 Revers Racing Pete B 265
8 0 Pitts Specials john stones 259
9 -5 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 247
10 0 AeroArrows Bondaero 239
11 0 Torque of the devil Stu 213
12 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 210
13 +1 teewrex John Tee 180
14 -1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 180

Next up is China in 2 weeks, and I guess another early start after the rather civilised timing of today's race!

Can Ferrari get their ducks lined up in a row next time? Great shame for Charles Leclerc today. But I was amused by Nico Rosberg's comment on the Sky commentary towards the end of the race. I don't remember his exact words, but basically saying that Vettel was continuing this season the same way he'd ended the last one, by mucking everything up...

Edited By John Privett on 31/03/2019 22:36:28

Thank you, gents.

I presume I was just lucky, as I was invited to a painting exhibition all WE long and could only have a look at the FP2 & quali's on Saturday evening.

As my predictions were a bit 'blind', I guess John is right and Gaston did a real great job... wink

Poor Charles, after that perfect ride he had. He'll get some other opportunities in a close future for sure. He's already winning a lot of fans... and Vettel isn't starting his season the best possible way. frown

Looking forward to China now.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Well I hope you lot appreciate the almost limitless compassion I have for you all, which has led me to start this season with a shockingly badly picked team and horribly misjudged predictions!

It was the very most I could find in my heart to do for you all, so you had the best possible headstart.

Watch out though, I might start trying soon.... winksmile d

Edited By Charles Pic on 11/04/2019 10:08:04

Hehe, all good fun! Well anyway, in an attempt to recover the situation a little, I’ve put £20 on Vettel for WDC at 4:1. I know that at the moment everyone is writing off his chances, saying he makes mistakes, etc... but heavens, the guy is a 4 times champion in what appears to be the fastest car, with a team who have publicly stated they will be favouring him this year “in certain situations” (whatever that means).

The fact the odds are so generous appears to be just on the basis of two bad races, which over the course of a season will pale in comparison with the fact that he’s in the fastest car and has every likelihood to beat his teammate.

Now having said all that, I am bottom of our little league table, so what do I know!

Please, Charles. Next time you consider throwing away £20, just ask me my Paypal address. wink

Wait till his team mate is provided with a functional sixth spark plug... or is that part of the Red tactics? ...

Now having said all that, just pretend that the last row in the arena obviously is the best place to watch the lions doing their job... surprise

No worries... & cheers

Chris

Right then, once again it's time for my reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

And it's an early start as we're in China with qualifying tomorrow at 7am UK time and the race at 7:10am on Sunday. Many thought Ferrari would have the upper hand again, but Bottas leads the P2 times just ahead of Vettel with Verstappen in third.

Channel 4 coverage is around lunchtime on Saturday and 3pm on Sunday, so I'll delay posting the results until after the Ch4 coverage has concluded.

Posted by McG 6969 on 12/04/2019 07:32:38:

Please, Charles. Next time you consider throwing away £20, just ask me my Paypal address. wink

Wait till his team mate is provided with a functional sixth spark plug... or is that part of the Red tactics? ...

Now having said all that, just pretend that the last row in the arena obviously is the best place to watch the lions doing their job... surprise

No worries... & cheers

Chris

Ah well, we will see. I’m a big Lewis fan as it happens, so I’ll be delighted if he wins the WDC, but if he doesn’t then I reckon Seb has the best chance and in that case collecting on my little wager will make me feel better about Lewis having lost.

OK folks... I'm back from a rather chilly and breezy afternoon's flying. I'm sure the Ch4 coverage will have finished long ago so without further ado let's see how we all scored today;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Pitts Specials john stones 170
2 GASTON Formula Chris McG 169
3 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 158
4 iqon racing iqon 148
5 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 137
6 Revers Racing Pete B 133
7 PSS Power Flyer 131
8 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 123
9 teewrex John Tee 118
10 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 117
11 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 117
12 AeroArrows Bondaero 109
13 Essex Racing Tony Clark 102
14 Torque of the devil Stu 99
15 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 92

Top scorer today is John Stones with 170 points, with Chris 2nd only a point behind! Kev completes the top 3 today with 158 points. well done to all of you.

This means that the overall scoreboard now looks like this;

Pos Gain/Loss Team Manager Pts
1 0 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 463
2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 454
3 +5 Pitts Specials john stones 429
4 +1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 427
5 -1 iqon racing iqon 419
6 -3 PSS Power Flyer 415
7 0 Revers Racing Pete B 398
8 -8 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 395
9 0 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 364
10 -4 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 360
11 -1 AeroArrows Bondaero 348
12 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 312
13 -2 Torque of the devil Stu 312
14 -1 teewrex John Tee 298
15 -1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 297

No change then for the top 2. John Stones' win today moves him up 5 places to 3rd, and Kev's 3rd place moves him up a place to 4th overall.

Iqon and Flyer move down 1 and 3 places respectively to 5th and 6th. Simon drops 4 places today to 10th. Gary's 8 place drop is not a real drop - he has joined the league since Bahrain, so the 8-place drop is just a statistical anomaly - as he didn't have a league position to move from!

Charles and John Tee continue at the foot of the table - their apparent 1 place drop each is just a result of Gary joining in 8th place.

Up next in 2 weeks is Azerbaijan (did I spell that correctly?) I think my team might need a 'tactical adjustment' before then!

Edited By John Privett on 14/04/2019 18:19:42