Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Right then... The scores are up, the channel 4 folks have seen the race, so time to find out what we all did today!

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Pitts Specials john stones 214
2 Essex Racing Tony Clark 200
3 Revers Racing Pete B 194
4 iqon racing iqon 188
5 GASTON Formula Chris McG 184
6 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 176
7 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 159
8 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 157
9 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 148
10 Torque of the devil Stu 145
11 teewrex John Tee 132
12 PSS Power Flyer 128
13 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 109
14 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 105
15 AeroArrows Bondaero 84

Quite a high-scoring race today, and in top place is John S with 214 points. Well done John!

Second today is Tony with 200, and third is Pete showing a return to his form of previous years, with 194 points.

The rest of us line up behind, and nearly all of us scored over 100...

So, has Chris' score of 184 been enough to hold on to top place overall? I think we all know the answer to that, but that will be in the next post.

So here is the final table of the 2019 season;

Pos Gain/Loss Team Manager Pts
1 - GASTON Formula Chris McG 3184
2 +1 Pitts Specials john stones 3081
3 -1 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 3066
4 - iqon racing iqon 2929
5 +1 Revers Racing Pete B 2899
6 -1 PSS Power Flyer 2850
7 - Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 2732
8 - AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 2668
9 +1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 2614
10 -1 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 2592
11 - Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 2530
12 - Torque of the devil Stu 2495
13 +1 teewrex John Tee 2381
14 -1 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 2374
15 - AeroArrows Bondaero 2173

So yes, it's official! Chris wins the Modelflying Forumites F1 fantasygp league for 2019. Well done Chris!

John S sneaked past Robin to take 2nd, Robin holds on to third, completing out podium.

A few more place changes today... Pete edged ahead of Ade into 5th, Tony swapped places with Gary to take 9th and John Tee outbraked Simon into the final (metaphorical!) corner to take 13th.

Well done to all of us for reaching the end of the season, and especially to Chris for taking top place.

I hope you've all enjoyed taking part, I know I certainly have. And hopefully we'll all be back in 2020 for the first round in Melbourne in a little over 100 days from now!

So I'll just close with a slightly premature reminder for Melbourne;

Don't forget your predictions!

Well done John S for today's win - great points score! Well done to Chris too on a great season's racingthumbs up

Finally managed to get a 1-2-3 in the right order today, about time too!teeth 2

Pondered binning Leclerc and going for Bottas after P3 yesterday but didn't have the nerve - pity, as a quick calc seems it would have given me another 40+ points. Ah well, there's always next season....smile p

Finally, a huge vote of thanks to John P for yet again performing magnificently as our very own Race Directorthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Ordered my tickets for Spain and Austria 2020 yesterday taking advantage of a 15% Black Friday discount, so now looking forward to a few days at testing in Barcelona in February - snow permitting!smile p

Pete

Congrats Chris for taking top podium step of our league.thumbs up

Congrats John S for best score today ( and whooping me ) thumbs up

Big thanks to John P for doing a good job as our race secretary.thumbs up

see you all next season, off to work on my car & look for new managerblush

Congrats Chris McG for your impressive victory and well done those who grabbed a position promotion at the dying gasp of the season. Those who slipped a place, commiserations just the same.

P11 is not where I wanted to be, but next year I get to try again. Thanks to John for the dedicated running of this league, including points updates from a cruise boat in the Baltic - there is commitment! Hope you all have a great Christmas - I’m off!

Edited By Charles Pic on 02/12/2019 06:43:39

Thank you all for your nice reactions, gents. smiley

Glad for John S that he ended in a strong way after his slight Brazilian 'disaster'.

Many, many thanks to John P for taking care of us and being our very personal 'Bernie'... wink

If my 'Honorary British' citizenship is still valid, it will be a pleasure to be present for next season.

Now if you feel getting bored by waiting for Melbourne, you could always pay a visit to our Sabre Dog build thread. Gaston and I would be pleased to hear from you all. yes

Cheers

Chris

Chris - absolutely, the 'Honorary British' citizenship offer is still open. teeth 2

In any case, I'm sure it's compulsory for the reigning champion to come back and defend his title! wink 2

I did have a quick look a little while ago at the Sabre Dog build thread and made a mental note to keep an eye on it - l must get back and see what progress has been made.

Thanks for all your best wishes - it's a pleasure running this for us all, and they do make it a bit easier these days. In the "old days" I could only get the race-by-race points by dropping each round's scores into an Excel spreadsheet to work out the differences!

Hopefully I'll see you all back here in March - and in other parts of the forum in the meantime.

• 2 months later...