Are Aussies welcome?

Panther

Thought I better join up as I often come and have a sticky beak here. Can't get any photos to load nor an avatar. Just locks the site up and have to close it down. I spose it doesn't matter anyway so long as I can keep my eye on whats going on.cheeky

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/02/2013 07:33:00

Advert

G'day Panther. recognise my accent? fair dinkum mate.

I have been on here giving useless facts and advice that probably cost more than it was worth, telling terrible jokes, mocking the poor souls that crash and generally having a good time.

yep see the tutorials or you will soon be frustrating the mods just like me. OH keep it clean and you will be fine as there are junior modellers here for advice too.

bbc

LOL I'm right in my element here.... I fit in well with other clowns... lol

I am in Queensland, sorry to see you are from Melbourne, poor sod. He he. But actually I lived down in Ballarat for a time. Too cold. Yeah I am pretty forum familiar as far as loading pics and vids go. I think the ISP seems to be real weak signal at the moment. Frustrating, but that's what happens when you live out in the country. I thought I might be an oddball joining this forum since I am from OZ, but seems there are a few other oddballs here too. Great! Thanks for the welcome guys.

I fly scale, foamies, balsa, gliders and sport and even a 3D but not a 3D fan, just a bit of fun. Also do some aerial photography like so many do now. Have fun.

Posted by Panther on 25/02/2013 08:35:11:

...sorry to see you are from Melbourne, poor sod....

Wadda ya talkin about!! Aren't you under water at the moment? Wouldn't you be better off building boats or float planes?

Would rather take my chance with the bush fires!

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/02/2013 09:26:33

Don't forget us Poms what wishes we were Aussies ! QLD. is the best place in the best country in the known universe !!

Just give me a home among the gumtrees , but crikey it's expensive these days !!

Just a thought.....I have a picture of a bog roll from America ,goes by the brand - name "Pom" . I can't exactly say what you do with it on a family-friendly  forum such as this , I'll just say , your cricketing Johnnies have been doing it to us for years !

Welcome aboard ,Mate !!!!!

Edited By Percy on 25/02/2013 10:44:24

Edited By Percy on 25/02/2013 10:44:53

Welcome aboard Panther! Queensland is a heck of a big place, what part of it are you in?

I popped over (under?) for three weeks last August to visit my sister who moved to Perth a couple of years ago. As well as seeing Perth we did a quick tour around Oz that took in some of the places mentioned already on this thread, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne (whose crazy idea was it to turn right from the left-hand lane? Yes, I know it's to avoid the trams, but I'm glad I wasn't driving - it just seems so wrong!)

Anyway, I don't expect any answers for a little while from the Aussies, because it's now silly o'clock in the morning down there!

Hiya Panther,

we welcome cousins from the great "down under" on here - in fact I'm beginning to think we're a sort of "refuge" for poor souls like BBC - who else would put up with his jokes! wink 2 I have this vison of insomniac Aussie aeromodellers all huddled around PC's gloating at us Brits moaning about the lousey flying weather - or lousey non-flying weather to be more accurate!

Welcome on board - good to have you here!

BEB

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Float planes/ Yep, need one right now. We are flooded in again. Managed to get some supplies yesterday and had to drive through risen waters to get home and today I will have to go and check where the creeks are at and see if we are stuck at home again. I live near Grantham which was devastated in 2011 and again a few weeks ago. Managed to get 1 photo up. A few more to go in time.

Thamks PaulH and JohnC. Chris, I never met an Aussie that didn't drink. Wow! How unlucky wasn that. lol

Percy, That is me to a T. I have a 40 acre property in the gum trees surrounded by palms and bamboos and frangipanis and bananas with plenty of animals etc.

John P I am between Brisbane and Toowooma if you want to look it up.

fly boy 3 I uesd to fly IC ut coming back into the hobby I am now sticking to electric as it is not so greasy..

Biggles' Elder Brother, We do cop some nasty weather at times (like now) but generally it is an amazing place and flying time is never a problem. I have a friend over there and often hear just how bad the weather is and think we are blessed over here (down under here)

All the best to you all and once again thanks for the welcome.

Welcome Panther, good to see another from downunder joining even if you are from across the ditch.

Looking at the forumites map this forum world is definitely top heavy so the more the merrier to balance it up. We will get along fine if you don't mention the Cricket and I won't talk Rugby!!!!

LOL No I don't bother with the cricket or rugby much. Too busy with my planes. Had to give up gold prospecting because of my back. I was born in NZ but been here for.... ummm since 1976. Lived in Invercargill, that's why I now live in the sunny country.

Cheers mate

Well I'm 155ks S.E., as the model flies, on 50acres of rainforest and as we are at 100 to 400 metres, we don't get flooded. But last Friday night we were completely isolated by flood waters, fortunately with plenty of bottles of wine and a tinnie or two. Come Saturday midday it was gone, but still too wet for any flying. Did you make it to the Gratton Invitational and see Mr. Machinsky and his crazy jet glider? What a gas.

Hi PaulH Would you believe, just 5 minutes ago, I asked my wife where Gratton was. I was looking at the Warwick Aeromodellers site and noticed Gratton mentioned there. Never heard of it before but I live 12 minutes from Gatton. lol

I did a video around Grantham with my glider if anyone is interested.

Hi Panther, Can I introduce you to the Forum User Guides here which explain the video and picture uploading procedures?thumbs up

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 26/02/2013 13:41:50