Summer-what summer....? How much flying are you getting in?

Posted by FWAL on 20/09/2014 13:37:57:

Speak for yourselves. I enjoy slope soaring on the South Gower Coast and it's been an awful Summer of Easterlies and Northerlies. I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but: Role on the Winter.

Not good. I booked a week in Wales last week hoping for some great slope soaring again. Didn't bother to bring any gliders but enjoyed some travelling around and some good meals.

Rob

I'm semi retired and running my own consultancy business ... I should be master of everything ...

Not quite the case ... my older daughter bought her first house mid july ... it needed more work than we first thought ... so that was 6 weeks gone straight away ... also I've also had a couple of commissions for my own work ... so can't complain ...

Net result zero time for myself and flying .... I bought a Pheonix 2000 from HK back at the begining of July ... I haven't even opened the box yet ...

This last couple of weeks has been superb weather, but I've been glued to my PC working on projects that pay the bills ...

That's real life in the fast lane of running your own business .... don't get me wrong I'm not complaining (really) at least I don't work for ****** ( I'll let you fill in the blanks) bosses anymore.

But ... the customer is king ... so we respond accordingly ...