Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Posted by Geoff Peacock on 11/03/2014 19:32:42:

bvr small.jpgbvr complete.jpgbvr above.jpgAs good as finished - after only 5 years and 3 months, my DHC-2 Beaver. I build slowly and sporadically! It got 2nd prize at my club's 'Winter Build Comp' in March 2014, even though it took 5 winters.

Built from a Traplet plan, it's 72" wingspan, with flaps and an Irvine .46 (OS-built) and dustbin silencer under the cowl.

My build blog is now started - see it at **LINK**

I said it wouldn't take 5 years!

Advert

Fantastic bit of building Ken. Lovely shape. When (much) younger (1957ish) I used to cycle down from St. Albans to LHR to see these, among others - an blooming long way for a 12yo. The last one I saw was at Sanford, Fl and appeared abandoned by US Military!! Very sad.

Do you think he will finish up chucking it off a cliff Monz?

Ken has stolen the thunder from your build a banana Monz, as good as it looks!! Nice effort. Has it flown? What about the Bucc? Have I missed the vid of maiden? Do tell.

Andy

Andrew, lol, the Banana is only just a few hours old! Still have to maiden the Bucc, half the world is waiting for the video! So you've not missed anything

I could maiden the Banana down the Connie's fus?

Monz... kt....5...... squeaking in the corner dept :P