1/3 scale WWI full Pilot figures

Ok for my birthday I thought I would treat myself to a driver for my SPAD VII, having searched t'net not really any the wiser other than a couple of companies overseas.

So does anyone do them her in blighty? I am after one in a French/Belgian uniform for the SPAD, but I may also need a German one for an Albatross at a later date and then a British one for a Sopwith Dolphin!

Jeez winter is going to be busy this year lol

Some excellent looking erm "Dolls" to quote the wife, on all those sites, at the moment I am leaning towards pefect pilots since real model pilots don't appear to do 1/3 scale but I have emailed them and wait their reply.

But having me as the model? hmmmm I think it would have to be painted Green and pulling a strange nauseous expression lol, plus I don't think they would appreciate modelling something that ugly crook

It was on BBC breakfast the other morning. A 3D printer printing out a realistic copy of the presenters head.

The presenters said that these machines are available for less than 1K in High Street shops right now. So any small group of large scale modellers could jusify the purchase of such a machine.

• 1 month later...

Funnily enough I also saw the 3d printed ones at the Nats, very impressed and a very interesting conversation with the lady on the stand.

But strange how none of the other 4 people I have been in touch with have ever got back to me, no finger pointing here but very disappointed, especially since when I did approach them I was looking for a French pilot and a German pilot.

My options are now narrowed down to 2 contenders, Real Model Pilots (3d printed) and Jim Reeves. My favourite is Real Model Pilots but at the quoted £200 per pilot for full body and painted, just a tad expensive, but they would look good.

Dylan, I've just found this thread and must apologise if you were expecting a reply from me. I work very hard to give excellent personal service but on this occasion something must have gone wrong as I don't seem to have any record of a contact from you - or any other unanswered contact.

If you haven't yet found a pilot I'd be very happy to help you - I can be contacted through my website, or by email [email protected]

Apologies again if I have inadvertently lost your contact!

Wendy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tony

Thank you for the great picture of the Sidcot suit, which I can use as a reference to make your pilot's outfit. With the "fur" lined collar, front flap and map pocket with map, and pockets on the thighs, it should really look the part.

I can also supply a 1/3 scale harness to complete the picture - I think the QS Style shown here will be suitable:

harness QA

I have PM'd you with more details regarding the outfit.

Regards

Wendy