DX9 Owners thread

Pete B

• 1 month later...

I noticed today a new E Bay entry has appeared for a used black edition DX9. £25 or best offer, inc postage, from China. I noticed seller has no feedback. Would this be a scam or a fake transmitter. If a fake, not happy that such things exist, can't imagine they comply with anything and I would not want one switch on if I am flying.

Sorry, computer illiterate and don't know how to do the link to an E Bay entry

Have seen it Donald, and the labelling looks wrong, but either way a £500 Tx does not add up, and like you say, what a shame it is that such a thing should exist to devalue equipment.

Just how worthwhile could a £25 scam be with one buyer?

To set up an eBay account requires a bank etc etc, hardly worth the effort

You could email the chap

I will

Denis, as my old mum used to say, "look after the pennies....

I have no idea what this is about. A scammer I can live with. But a faker, steals someone's commercial good will. I have lost two aircraft, hand made, to a dodgy receiver. Said receiver was bought on E Bay, not cheap, but not expensive. And I can't get the festering thought out of my head that it was not genuine. Don't mention forensic examination. My 100 kilos jumping up and down removed most of the evidence.

Stupid here again. I have acquired a set of Horizon Fat Shark Teleporter FPV goggles. I have connected them to the DX9 by a trainer cord. I have bound a spare receiver and connected the 2 servos of a head tracker unit to the gear and aux 1 channels. But I can't get the headtracker to work. Mainly I suspect because I have no idea what I am doing.

Just playing to find out how to work it and failed. Once I figure out how this works I will transfer the knowledge to my Tundra. Any ideas. Will even accept knowledge from a six year old.

• 1 month later...

I have the DX9 pre Jan 2015 so it is DMS2 compatible ( I want to keep this compatibility) cos I may have to send it in for repair

The fault is the 2000mAh Lithium Ion battery discharges when Tx is switched OFF - yes I have double checked this cos I do have Senior moments.

One evening in dimm light I noticed the front RF/Charging led's were dimmly lit - Ahhh Soooo ! - It does not happen every time I switch OFF cos now I'm aware of the fault I just switch it On then Off again a few times till it kinda goes away!

Q - has anyone had a similar fault, if so is there a user fix, and if I do have to send it back to Spektrum workshops where are these workshops UK or Europe (Germany) - Germany because of Brexit!!?? - I think I read it on RCG that Spektrum have pulled out of UK, please confirm someone...joe

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply - I've contacted ''Spektrum Community'' asking the same question - yet to hear from them - but you do confirm my fears - what a ''too do'' - if I was not so committed to Spektrum, got too many Rx's and 2 Tx's I would go for FrSky Taranis - damn and blast -  Brexit and their new Leader ''King Boso'' - Oh! btw have you heard of the fault I have with the DX9...joe

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 11/06/2017 17:04:59

• 1 year later...

I had a strange experience today with my DX9. Flying a Tundra, beautiful day, structured flying, on my own, base height, 15 meters, 2 rolls, Immelmann, regain base height, 2 rolls same direction, Immelmann, regain base, 2 rolls oppositite direction, .......until the time expires. On the third battery, it went to failsafe, and fell to earth, no control, and destroyed its nose. I swore. And looked at the transmitter, switched on, but dead.

Now, admission time, I did not charge it before the session. I noticed it was flatter than usual.

i carried on with flight because I knew it gave low volt warnings, and I knew it was set to 6.4 volts, i.e.,as it left the factory. Further admission time, no, I had not tested the manuals claims.

Now this evening, SHMBO creating lamb pasties, (Devine, truely a pastry Godess. Her mum's very good but I have the better. Anyway, her mum is horrible), I have had time to test the unit.

And the alarm does not work, for the simple reason, that the factory setting is 6.4 V. And the unit shuts down at 6..6 V.

So comments invited, or perhaps be aware, this might need adjusting. Page 21 of the manual deals with alteration of the alarm voltage.

Not arguing mate, but, mine is a very early one, it has a li ion battery, as fitted from the factory, set with an alarm set at 6.4 volts, again factory default. I am not a settings fiddler, for the simple reason I am not interested. I don't even know what a li ion battery is, except it is not a lipo battery.

edit, my instruction manual says I have a li ion battery, and it's default warning is set at 6.4 v. As ckecked when I looked today.

i have just, for the first time, taken the battery out of my unit. It's a 7.4 v li ion unit. And as stated above, the factory set low volt alarm does seem way low.

Edited By Don Fry on 20/02/2019 20:16:56

Edited By Don Fry on 20/02/2019 20:34:32

I am replacing my duff Li-on battery with a Li-po (2s 4000mAh) from 4 max.

The Tx Li-on battery alarm is at factory default (6.4V) the manual suggests that Li-Po/Li-on settings are similar. I missed the instruction on how to set the alarm voltage higher (I have found it now!). Although I always recharged at a Tx reading of 7 Volts I never really gave it too much thought. Scary to think the setting is too low.

What battery alarm setting should I use for the Li-po? Recommendations please..

Posted by Steve J on 11/06/2017 11:46:22:

Spektrum no longer have a service centre in the UK so your transmitter will need to be sent to Germany. I would advise contacting them first.

Steve

Als Hobbies are now the Spectrum Service centre. Never had a need to use them, but had good customer service from them. **LINK**

Both my Dx9 and Dx20 peak out at 8.2 volts when fully charged, so I've set my voltage alarms to 7.5 volts. I always felt the default alarm setting was too low for my liking.

Edited By Ronaldo on 21/02/2019 09:17:57

I've put mine at 6.9 volts. This gives about half an hour of use after the alarm goes off. And it gets charged more often.

I'm just a surprised it's was ever set too low, and I never heard there was a problem. I looked today, and the instruction manual has not been altered. You ship it with settings which prevents the low voltage alarm going off, and then claim it has a low voltage alarm. I appreciate these things are complicated, but this is basic.