blank chit chat

Phil  Claridge

why does chit chat take a long time to load, then appears with a blank page. the reply box is there but nothing else.angry i have cleared the cache umpteen times every other section is ok. i am running on firefox and cant find out whats going on and its driving me nutsdisgust please be gentle with me i know almost nothing more than basic computing

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right - what exactly are you doing? I am going to the "All topics" page and selecting "Chit Chat" and no problem! Once when I tried (and wasn't logged in) I got something like what is being described - but it was completely blank (except for the header) and there was no text box.

Having been there today (5 mins ago) then if I then log out I can still go there OK - but that's probably because my computer has chached the page.

Anyway - how are you guys going in? Is it via some other route?

BEB

I've just emulated you Kevin (I bet you didn't feel a thing!) so the site thinks I'm you. And yes the page was slow to come up, but it did work and came up complete. So it would appear it not something in your settings on here.

I've emailed Katy to see if she has any ideas what it might be.

BEB

Okay BEB, this might help.

If I go Forum, Anything and Everything, Chit Chat It goes to this addresshttp://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/threads.asp?t=91 and sometimes loads and more often doesn't.

If I go from latest posts eg:http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=89848

which is part of the chit chat section it goes straight there. So the individual thread numbers work but the general threads listing doesn't.

Paul.

Okay BEB, this might help.

If I go Forum, Anything and Everything, Chit Chat It goes to this addresshttp://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/threads.asp?t=91 and sometimes loads and more often doesn't.

Mine is a blank page too. Must be a broken page link or the page has not loaded.

The problem is, David, that it seems not to be happening to everyone - since this thread started I've been checking back and each time it has loaded normally, with no delay at all.

It might help Katy if you mention which browser and version you are using when you report the problem, folks.thumbs up

Pete