Introduction

Colin Carpenter

Morning all ! Been watching this forum for ages so thought it time to join up . Started flying helis in Bath in 1984 with a Morley Hughes 300 and formed Bath Model Helicopter Club with Maurice Tait from Morley shortly after. Before that boats at Clapham Common from 1969 and started multi racing with help from Alan Greenfield`s Dad George. Radios were McGregor,Climax, Flight Link .Started fixed wing a year ago in Frome, Somerset and have taught myself with an Easyglider, Riot, Parkzone Typhoon, Acrowot Foam e (love it !) .I had tinkered with a Twinstar on a field next to home but they built the hospital on it !! Now building a Hobbyking Rainbow F3A which seems superb for £47 !!

Cheers Colin

Advert

Wow, you've been on here since 10:40 this morning and no one has said "Hello" to you yet so I'll just put that to rights. Welcome to the forum Colin. I skulked around in the shadows for a long time until Tim Hooper started a blogg on a favourite aeroplane of mine and I just couldn't resist jumping in with both feet. I'm sure that , like me you'll find plenty to interest you and get answers to any questions you may have.

Ah, beaten to the punch whilst I was typing.

Alwyn

Edited By Alwyn Gee on 29/10/2013 15:12:52

Hi all and thanks for the very warm welcome ! I hope to be able to add some useful input in due course . Percy - I think I can beat you by about 2 years as I ordered my Flight Link Duette in 1972 from a show at Kempton Park . Its still in the shed but stopped working about 15 years ago. I remember Idris Francis throwing a receiver he had repaired but had stopped working again, down the workshop in Slough !! He of course gave me a brand new one immediately .

Cheers Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all and sundry out there, This winter I intend to come back after a lay off through illness. I think that I will get building a high wing scale model such as the DB sport and scale Auster.

I have kept my radio (Spektrum 6) ticking over on the bench and have preserved the engines etc.

Best wishes to you all, Johan.