December 2013 issue

Andy Green

You guys...

I was waiting in anticipation for this months mag, very interested in the Can Do. It as a definite build to be squeezed in. (I have a couple of builds for other people, my Barnstormer for the mass built, I have ordered a set of wings from Foamwings for a Valkyrie sloper - inspired by seeing the Can Do) so squeezing the Can Do in was going to be tight, And now.....

I see the free plan next month is Martin Bells fun fly. I fell in love with this model the first time I saw it. There is no way I can fit 2 builds in.

Nice problem to have I guess.

Andy

Advert

Mag arrived today, CAN_DO looks interesting as I have just maidened a" Whizzza" which flew superbly. The only issue I had was that I had to add quite a bit of lead in the nose to get it to balance even though the battery is as far forward as it will go and I fitted the servos ahead of the shown location. 2 beeps of left trim was all that was needed.

Dropped through the letterbox first thing this morning. Nice to have a second set of cockpit dials! A quick look through the pages showed that this edition is up well up to expected standard. Well done and keep up the good work.

Mario

Oops!

Being an Australian subscriber my copy won't arrive for a week or so. Seeing it was out in the UK, I hurried to do a quick look through on-line and to my surprise when I read Graham's editorial I thought i'd seen it before. Sure enough, the on-line version of December magazine has the November editorial.

What about the print copy have you lucky lot checked it out and is it the same?

Paul.

Graham, my building efforts are very slow and very much, on again off again affairs, only two completed in the last two and a half years. But then I'm so easily distracted by nice artf's and kid myself that the simple assembly job is building. I can only read in awe as Danny Fenton completes yet another wonderful plane. But since migating Down Under 30 odd years ago and living in the sub-ropical bit, I don't have the incentive of the long cold wet winters I used to get when building in London.

I just have so many days when it is so easy to throw a model in the back of the the car and go flying.

Oh joy!

Thanks and congratulations to the subs department. My magazine arrived today Wednesday 13th., just two days after the UK deliveries, an absolute precedent. Whatever you've done to make this happen please keep it up it makes us very happy in the colonies. yes

On reading the review of the Weston Velocity and seeing that the engine can rev to 25000 rpm I wondered what the noise level would be. In these noise sensitive time perhaps any kit review should include details of noise levels.

Another thing that could be included would be availability of spares for ARTF and kit builds.

Mine arrived on Tuesday, I must admit the Can Do looks ok, but is a little small for my conditions, 25% increase will bring it up to appox 40", as I expremented with the FW42 ,some time back, it looks very simular, only the fuz shape is different, and only 1 motor, maybe another go at the FW42 keeping all the specs the same

Cheers

A.A. Barry

Is it me but the soldering Graham has done dosen't look like it's flowed properly around the wire, I'd like to see the silver of the solder not the oxide.

Andy

PS not criticising- this model is a serious contender as a next build for me. so watching with great interest.

Edited By Andy Green on 27/11/2013 08:52:14

well finally managed to get to W H Smiths to collect the December issue, got home and eagerly tore the packaging orf. flicked through to find an article i have been waiting for since the Nov issue. now i need someone to help here as have left nov issue at work and am now thinking i am losing it, in the whats coming in the next issue i seem to remember a mention of an article on Dawn Patrol from Dave Tappin, so you can imagine my disappointment, especially as one of the three remaining founders, that it aint there, so is it me was it advertised or am i as i fear losing IT if i am sane where,s the article

cgris

Phew!!! thats a relief, thought for a moment my rapidly arriving birthday signaled the final brain cell expiring,

soooo another month of anticipation then,

Chris (dunno who cgris is)

dont mock the afflicted David just because i have sausigalitis digifumblist and find typing ficidulct!!!yes