1/8th scale PSS Depron Buccaneer

Monz

Okay, got the horiz stab and elevators done. Ready now to join the aft section of the fus to the rest. I'll do that tomorrow while the housemates are out so I can commandeer the lounge

I've got the standard pinned hinges. What is the best way of gluing these in? Should I pin them too?

Posted by Electriflier on 10/12/2013 21:33:29:

In fact, I'm noticing that there are other depron builds that have gone very quiet too........you know who you are

Who on earth do you mean Roy, moi?

I have been doing a few things on mine, but nothing worthy of photographing. I just haven't had a lot of free time of late. I have some annual leave over Christmas so will get cracking a lot more then.

Monique, that is MASSIVE! One very impressive plane there my friend, and a very tidy one at that. Congratulations so far, very impressed!

Skinned the wings and go the wing bolt nut thingies sorted too today. Not much left construction wise now, then it's onto glassing and finishing

Of course, I had to nip downstairs and put it all together for a look see

Weight so far is 3.1 lbs or 1.4kg

Monique that is Fantastic mate! Any bigger and you have to remove a window to get it out the house!

That is a really tidy job done there, looking at all those curves it looks like you have done them in complete wave type sections across the fuz and then butted them together? It looks really neat, how did you get on with the internal and external curves and how did you do it ?

Keep up the impressive work mate

regards

Roy M

Cheers Phil, Roy

Roy, yeah, it's big... The skin is all single pieces but joined to each other. I first got the shape right with paper, then rough cut the depron to size, then start one end and curve it on the edge of my work table and just progressed with curving and checking, then did a final fit and trim and glue. Here's a pic of what I mean:

• 1 month later...

Nothing's been done on this with my house move (thought I would do a pre-emptive pack beginning of Jan which left me with nothing to do for almost a month!), but I managed to get a pic of me with the beast! Still unpacking and sorting out work areas and workshop, so hope to be back to building in a week or two.