Chip Shop

Danny Fenton

Happy Birthday Kevin, and thanks for the funds. Just 4 left and we can get the order in

Meeting up is a good idea and closer to the time is probably wise. But food for thought we (Modelflying forumites) usually descend on the RCM&E tent usually to meet up.

Cheers

Danny

Advert

Posted by Danny Fenton on 11/05/2014 22:08:24:

Happy Birthday Kevin, and thanks for the funds. Just 4 left and we can get the order in

Meeting up is a good idea and closer to the time is probably wise. But food for thought we (Modelflying forumites) usually descend on the RCM&E tent usually to meet up.

Cheers

Danny

Food is a good thought!
Just wondering - if we're going to use up a little of our very valuable Nats time getting together, why not combine that with something else that uses up valuable Nats time, and that's having a bite to eat or a sit down and a drink.

If we picked a time and all headed for the food area, folk could drift in and out and use the same time to replenish the energy reserves.

Hi Chris yes you are quite right. Perhaps the grub area is a good idea.

Sorry John, the Scale line is the competition flight line dedicated to the F4C (RC Scale) It is usually where I hang out for the duration embarrassed

Thanks Glenn Only three left, though I doubt I will order the hinges until I get back to the UK on Friday.

Cheers

Danny

Thought I'd drag my feet in getting my payment off to you Danny, glad I'm not the last!

I presume most people going to the Nats will be doing the weekend, not having been before, what would be the best day for day trippers,weather playing fair, and for those Chippers who are going for the day, which day are you planning/hoping to go?

I went to the Nats for the first time two years ago, and went just for the day. On reflection I thought I missed out on so much so last year went for two days, Sat/Sun, and slept in the car in sleeping bag, never again. I am buying a small tent this year with inflatable mattress for a bit of comfort. I'm too close to 70 to sleep in cars. Might be worth thinking about Glenn, SWMBO has given me permission to stay over again.

Sorry to go off topic Mr F

John

Posted by Danny Fenton on 06/05/2014 20:25:11:

Nice one LPP, just Eamonn to go, I bet he is sunning himself somewhere wink 2

The deadline hasn't expired yet anyway, but I am away in France next week so wanted to get things rolling before i went.

Cheers

Danny

Hi Danny,

Good guess! I am in sunny Nerja on the Costa del Sol sunning my aged limbs. I have sent you £22 via PayPal.

Regards,

Eamonn.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 18(?) other colour schemes, I wonder if there will be 2 the same, maybe 2 Irish! The 4 so far look good.

Hopefully one day, it would be great if we were able to gather as many as possible of the finished models together!

Edited By Glenn Stratton on 15/05/2014 12:32:39

As an ex ATC cadet who had a few Chipmunk Flights out of White Waltham, I'll watch this build with great interest.

However, my most memorable flight was in a twin stick Lighning when based at RAF Wattisham. I still remember the Pilot's final briefing as we taxied to the runway threshold, "if we need to bang out, I will say Eject.........Eject.......Eject, please note that the second two will be echoes."