Chip Shop

Danny Fenton

Advert

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Chipmunk group on Facebook? I have seen a few of your names pop up.

For those of you that don't know its the 65th anniversary of the Chippys first flight on 22nd of May 2015. A gathering of Chippys has been arranged for Old Warden. Sounds like a good event to be at if you love your Chipmunks!

This is the latest update from the organiser:

"So, after just 24 hours or so we have "56 Going and 55 Maybe" Plus I have 15 aircraft already registered and I have even started sending out the personal invites yet. There are 3 other Chipmunks currently resident at Old Warden.

Could be a good turn-out. Old Warden are doing an evening air show the following day if anybody wants to go down and stay down overnight perhaps a Chippite Curry or pub meal?

Anybody interested and know any local b&b's/hotels?

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 03/01/2015 19:49:49

Hi Guys,

Last year I was involved in a get together with a bunch of people. We spent the Saturday at Duxford and the Sunday at Old Warden, I loved it. A reverse version would be good, the 22nd could be at Old Warden, 23rd at Duxford and finish the evening off with a display at Old Warden! It is about 30 to 40 mins away from memory.

This could just be the ravings of someone with a sugar rush, there was a lot of icing on that slab of Christmas cake!

embarrassedcakecrook

Alex

Yes - I noticed that as well. As Danny drew these up he is probably best placed top comment but I assumed that it was down to a lazy mouse pointer. I have used the thicker ones in the fixed surfaces - fin and tailplane and the thinner ones in the moving surfaces

M