Greenacres May 2014 Fly-In

Advert

That's really bad luck, Paul - I saw a couple of pics of the puddles and it didn't look at all pleasant...sad

Seems to be a technical hitch with our roving snapper, so here's a few more from the first despatch...

Looks dodgy...smile o

...but all's well!:

I'll be at the next one. I should've took wellies and used all the spare socks I had in the caravan - and all shoes were wet. Also some models engines were soaked with water - and the generator, so decided to go home, get everything checked out before flying again.

Just was fed up, really and really lost my enthusiasm - especially there were no traders - Merlin Innovations to fuel my "retail therapy" Was going to go today, but was chucking it down here and that didn't help - went into work instead to do some overtime. Ho-hum.

Monday - started well but without the Burger van turning up.

Greenacres chairman Reg though, rescued that situation with two more trips out to buy provisions and by lighting up the barbie again.

Lots of flying was had in the morning, but with the forecast showing rain from lunchtime, many folk packed up and left. When the rain did start, the decision was made to get everything packed up and flying was stopped.

It turns out that the weather cheered up again later. But after the weekend we'd suffered it was probably the right decision at the time.

Here's a few shots from a successful morning.

img_4151.jpg

img_4153.jpg

img_4155.jpg

img_4157.jpg

img_4158.jpg

img_4160.jpg

img_4162.jpg

Just lovely especially that odd looking Blohm and voss ??? with 6 edf units I thought they were a twin pusher rig to be fair the only one I've ever seen was in the indiana jones movie

looking promising for the end of next month as if I remember correctly this weekend last year was blazing hot and wet in june so hopefully fortunes are reversed this year

Phil