New Spektrum DX6 Owners' Thread

Paul Marsh

Advert

Hi all

Completed loading my first model details for my glider on my new DX6 and have been flying it for some days. I then decided to upload the latest software and transferred it to my transmitter yesterday. Went flying today and bingo --no model memory loaded, absolutely nothing. What a struggle to get it all back again. The motor control would not function and I got a string of 1/2 second beeps from my ESC which suggested a problem with the throttle low position. I eventually found the problem under `servo travel`, I found the throttle bar was central and not moving when I opened and closed the throttle..

I went to `warnings` and had to reverse the 1,2,3 on the motor. The throttle movement was ok before I lost all model data??????????

I believe you can loose model memory when you download updates if you do not save model memory on a SD card before downloading.

My question is- How do you download model memory. The manual just states `export all model memories to an SD card separate from the SD card containing the update`. Quite frankly I think the instruction manual on the DX6 is lacking in detail. I have the DX8 manual which is much better and a JR PCM9X manual which is terrific. Can anyone please help in pc language suitable for idiots.

John, make sure you have a card in the Tx. Go to 'System Setup' and scroll down to 'Transfer SD Card'

Select 'Export All Models', the select the 'Export' option.

There will be a transfer bar, which will revert to the option screen when done.

Switch off the Tx before extracting the card.

Put the card into your reader and cut the file to a folder on your PC/laptop/whatever.

The model memories will remain on the Tx - you're just taking a backup.

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 08/02/2015 20:56:00:

Can't you just type 'SPMTX.SAX' or 'English_v1_07.svx'? They should be the only files on that card.

A yes or no will dosmile

Pete

Here you go Pete I got fed up trying to type it as this box kept popping up. Copy of what`s on my card.

img_2028.jpg

Well done, trebor!teeth 2

If you've got a model already programmed in the Tx, nothing should have changed but you can never be sure, as John above found out. Check that your model is responding as it should according to your programming.

Flying is the best test....wink 2

If you've successfully loaded the sound file update, you'll find that the voice files have been sorted into numerous categories rather than one single list.

Pete

Someone on the RCG thread usually compiles one and it's been mentioned already for this latest revision, which will be somewhat different in content to those already uploaded.

An earlier version is here.

It's worth subscribing to that thread as that is where you'll find an answer to just about everything - if you look hard and long enough......teeth 2

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again sad I'm having trouble allocating switch F to Gear on my Rx for a servo to operate a tow line. I've got flaps programmed onto switch D through Aux1. Throttle on / off is on switch C but for the life of me I can't get switch F sorted. I love this hobby but I hate programming angry these things. The instructions are severely lacking. Oh my Rx is a Ar610.

Also is it possible to program a voice for Throttle on or off ?

It might help to know for which model you want this and the current wing type you have set as you might not have the gear channel available.

Try going to System Setup, then Channel assign and click 'Next'. Scroll to Gear and set the switch to 'F'.

If you come back to the Monitor screen, you'll see that the 3-position switch F moves the bug as necessary.

Hope this helps...

Pete

If you've set the wing to dual aileron, isn't the Tx expecting to see the aileron servos plugged into the aileron and aux 1 Rx ports, hence the Aux 1 is already controlled by the aileron stick. Wouldn't you be better with the tow release on the Gear channel.

Can you summarise what servos you've got plugged into which Rx outputs.