LMA Cosford

Really gutted about the weather today, I imagine it was a washout, was really looking forward to going today. I just can not believe the weather we had yesterday compared to today. I know its on tomorrow to but its the grass is properly a mud path.

If anybody is there or has been today can he post of how the grass is, did anybody fly?

Posted by Brett Jones on 19/07/2014 13:14:17:

Really gutted about the weather today, I imagine it was a washout, was really looking forward to going today. I just can not believe the weather we had yesterday compared to today. I know its on tomorrow to but its the grass is properly a mud path.

If anybody is there or has been today can he post of how the grass is, did anybody fly?

I have it from good authority that there is no parking allowed on the grass this year, parking will be on the airfields taxiways so there may be a bit of a walk to get to the show itself. I'm going tomorrow as the weather looks ok at the moment.

Mark.

We went today for the afternoon.

Understandably, the rain kept the punters away and the flying down to what could be grabbed between showers.

No parking on the grass, but no mud evident. The ground is firm and well-drained.

Lots of traders in attendance too.

Tomorrow should be a lot better, I feel.

tim

I too just got back from a good day as a spectator/visitor. Good weather, good trade presence and lots of flying to watch. Not the best year for spectators though because we were so far back from the flight line due to the need to protect the grass strip. Also the commentary was not perfect due to technical problems (some may say that's no bad thing) but when there were so many in the air at such a distance, good commentary was needed.

Still a great day out though

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 20/07/2014 22:57:36:

Heard there was a model into person crash after about 5pm. Dawn Patrol into Pyro Guy prop first? Any news?

Andy

That's awful if true. We went about 12 and left at 16.30 a bit disappointed that we had to park out side of the top hangers and walk to the flight line. But the kids loved looking at the aircraft in the hangers so it wasn't too bad. Had a really good day but it just did not feel like a big show this year, even the wife commented that she thought it was a small show compared to last year. Obviously the rain had an effect

Edited By Brett Jones on 20/07/2014 23:18:18

Flew all the way over from Dubai this year, travelled up from Essex on Saturday morning and all was ok until I hit the M54 when the heavens opened up. Was pouring when I got to Cosford, but around 9.00 it stopped. Then the heavens opened up again around 9.30 and the flying show was cancelled indefinitely. Some of the traders did not open but most did. The food stalls were terrible, I got short changed at a burger stall and was given a burger which was inedible, all burnt and hard, so that went in the bin. I left around 11 as the rain was terrible, but as soon as I was of the M54 it stopped, and back in Essex it was bone dry all day.

So I paid full price to get in when they knew there was no flying, had something expensive that was sold as food but was not, done 5 hour round trip as well as the flight over , but I did manage to buy half the SLEC stand to restock my workshop, so not all was lost.

Darryl