Have a Rant

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

To add to the list the over use by politicians and the media of the term " the front line". In my experience, there is only one front line. Using the term " front line" when regarding something like rubbish collection or postal services ( not that I have any issue with either), I find annoying, especially when most who comment have never been on the actual front line.

Posted by Reno Racer on 31/10/2014 14:32:09:

I would also add the remaining plethora of buzz words currently used by people who I'm not convinced understand the context of use or what the phrase or buzzword actually means.angry

Edited By Reno Racer on 31/10/2014 14:32:45

I get annoyed when people quote previous posts in a thread, but then don't make their own comments distinct by adding them outside of the text marked as the quote...

...and since when did every working person become 'hard-working' in politico-speak?face 22

The over-use of superlatives is irritating, too - as far as I'm concerned, 'awesome' should be reserved for nothing less than a nuclear explosion or solar eclipse. Why should people expect me to believe them when they tell me something is 'incredible'?face 8

Pete

Posted by The Wright Stuff on 31/10/2014 15:49:00:
Posted by Reno Racer on 31/10/2014 14:32:09:

I would also add the remaining plethora of buzz words currently used by people who I'm not convinced understand the context of use or what the phrase or buzzword actually means.angry

Edited By Reno Racer on 31/10/2014 14:32:45

I get annoyed when people quote previous posts in a thread, but then don't make their own comments distinct by adding them outside of the text marked as the quote...

A bit like this post, you mean?teeth 2

Pete

Journalists and reporters who seem to think that their words will carry more gravitas if they employ the word "epicentre" when they really mean "centre". "Epicentre" has a different and distinct meaning. There are other things that annoy me, but this will do for now, don't want to be too Victor Meldrew!

• 2 weeks later...

W. H Smiths really annoy me.

Why do they always put the aero modelling magazines on the bottom shelf? Unless you are seriously vertically challenged you have to get down on your hands and knees to find what your looking for.

Also, every time I walk into their store in Cardiff, there are several blokes just standing there in every ones way reading magazines, not just checking the contents to see if it's worth buying something I admit to doing, but clearly reading articles. The cheap skates

Nurse!! I'm ready for my medication now!

Edited By Colin Ashman on 10/11/2014 10:16:09

Talking of WHS is it just me or is anyone else cheesed off with the poor design of their plastic bags.

You pay top dollar for the monthly fix of pristine modelling magazines and then put them in a plastic bag that has the handles at the ends rather than in the middle. By the time you get home the magazines are all curled up like last weeks cucumber sandwiches.

Surely someone at WHS must realise that if you are using bags for newspapers and magazines, then you want the handles in the middle so that when you carry the bag, the contents remain flat.

Duh!

Colin,

Here in Wales where you get used to paying for plastic bags where ever you go, we, that is to say SWIMBO and I, often carry a carrier bag with us if we go out shopping.

What is annoying, is when I walk into our local Tesco for a few bits and pieces and find that I've left the large carrier bags in the car. The number of times I've done that!

Aero Model Mags on bottom shelf in WHS .... Yep valid point ! Especially when i have to ask my young grandson to reach down to get me my favourite mag from the bottom shelf, then i have to pick up his favourite children's comic from a shelf that was too high for him !!! .... Madness i tell yer ..... Madness !!!

Posted by Colin Ashman on 10/11/2014 14:30:52:
Posted by Keith Evans 3 on 10/11/2014 12:13:27:

Colin

Pop into Pontypridd the mags are near to

the top shelf , to the right as you walk through the right hand entrance of W H Smiths

Keith

Keith,

I never look at the top shelf, you see the wrong sort of Mags up there.

Colin

You must have once !!!!

Edited By Colin Ashman on 10/11/2014 14:31:13

Posted by Keith Evans 3 on 10/11/2014 15:06:14:
Posted by Colin Ashman on 10/11/2014 14:30:52:
Posted by Keith Evans 3 on 10/11/2014 12:13:27:

Colin

Pop into Pontypridd the mags are near to

the top shelf , to the right as you walk through the right hand entrance of W H Smiths

Keith

Keith,

I never look at the top shelf, you see the wrong sort of Mags up there.

Colin

You must have once !!!!

Edited By Colin Ashman on 10/11/2014 14:31:13

I'm not willing to risk my eyesight