Have a Rant

john stones 1 - Moderator

Can we all lighten up a bit? Drones over fatal fires to children with guns; please...

On a positive note; it's a beautiful day.

On a negative note; I am at work and not happy about it. I received my Go Discover from HK and yes it suffers with the same problems others have reported but with a bit of blunt force trauma and ignorance, it all fits together.

HK have also delivered my FPV goggles, Santa tracking courtesy of DHL so all I need is a fair wind and fine weather for my first foray into FPV.

And having had a look at the forecast; fat chance of that.

Happy New Year to all.

Advert

The return of the rant !

I rearranged my workshop on New Years Day, yes my life is that exciting, re hung all the models from the ceiling, the very last one was my 60" razorback Mustang. The stool I foolishly stand on is an old piano stool, just that tiny but over height. As I was just about to hang the Mustang to the hooks I had just a slight over balance, no fall just a wobble, to save myself I dropped the plane....foamy ARTF's are incredible fragile aren't they?

Left flap and aileron hanging off, sevo rods bent, foamy hinges ripped, chunk snapped off flap. It only fell 4 feet onto a carpeted wooden floor. I shall scream and scream until I am sick. Black bag and the walk of shame I have no problem with ......"dropped my plane and broke it" is pathetic, I want my Mum!

Posted by Steve T on 02/01/2015 12:55:57:

Left flap and aileron hanging off, sevo rods bent, foamy hinges ripped, chunk snapped off flap. It only fell 4 feet onto a carpeted wooden floor. I shall scream and scream until I am sick. Black bag and the walk of shame I have no problem with ......"dropped my plane and broke it" is pathetic, I want my Mum!

Black bag? Black bag? Sounds like no more than a scratch! If I fixed this, I'm sure yours will fly again with a bit of applicationteeth 2:

Pete

Posted by Steve T on 02/01/2015 12:55:57:

The return of the rant !

I rearranged my workshop on New Years Day, yes my life is that exciting, re hung all the models from the ceiling, the very last one was my 60" razorback Mustang. The stool I foolishly stand on is an old piano stool, just that tiny but over height. As I was just about to hang the Mustang to the hooks I had just a slight over balance, no fall just a wobble, to save myself I dropped the plane....foamy ARTF's are incredible fragile aren't they?

Yep I know the feeling.... when I slammed the car door shut right on a wingtip.........strange how little resistence balsa and monocoat puts up to a car door isnt it.........

A week or so after the 'Hurricane' in 1987, some mates and I set off to the South Downs for a day's sloping. After an hour's difficult scramble up the icy footpath to the top, I slipped whilst clambering over a stile and fell spead eagled on my model (the only one with me) and squashed it flat..............character building if nothing elseangry

Edited By Cuban8 on 02/01/2015 14:26:23

How about these.....I am trying to find a stud dog for my Lhasa Apso bitch, just one litter of puppies. The breed society has a list of studs within 50 miles. So off we go telephoning. Er? No we don't!

First call "this owner of this number does not accept incoming calls"' that'll be good for business.

Second call, "the owner of this number does not accept anonymous calls" Eh?

Four more calls to different breeders, landline and mobile, each one results in that squeaky error tone....'Hello Earth!'.

I can only assume that all other owners of Lhasa Apso's are members of a secret society, and they don't want me to know about it. Hummmph! Anyone got a scabby mongrel dog looking for a girlfriend?

Posted by Steve T on 03/01/2015 13:03:33:

How about these.....I am trying to find a stud dog for my Lhasa Apso bitch, just one litter of puppies. The breed society has a list of studs within 50 miles. So off we go telephoning. Er? No we don't!

First call "this owner of this number does not accept incoming calls"' that'll be good for business.

Second call, "the owner of this number does not accept anonymous calls" Eh?

Four more calls to different breeders, landline and mobile, each one results in that squeaky error tone....'Hello Earth!'.

I can only assume that all other owners of Lhasa Apso's are members of a secret society, and they don't want me to know about it. Hummmph! Anyone got a scabby mongrel dog looking for a girlfriend?

Sounds like you have set your phone to withold your number which will result in your call being declined if the other party has "anonymous calls barred"

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Phil Green on 23/08/2014 22:45:36:

Students in the sarny shop who say "... can I get a (whatever).."

I say "theres no need, the lady works here, she'll get it for you, its her job"

I wish I'd never had read this Phil, Everyone it seems is using this be it in the shop/garage/supermarket and it just angers me so much !! already heard this twice today. Made me resurrect this thread.. GRRRRRRRR

angry

Posted by Tony Bennett on 31/01/2015 12:11:25:

petrol stations with shops attached.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

20 mins to get petrol this morning.

only one till open and que's of people with of shopping in front of you.

why can't they have a till just for petrol.

stdgetsrdhehdjdksj

Add to this the duffer who "tops up" the Micra with the weekly £5 unleaded & then proceeds to do an "essentials" shop leaving you stranded at pump 5 until they finish angry

Edited By Justin K. on 31/01/2015 12:37:33

Oh dear, this has put me right back into "Victor Meldrew" mode. Have I mentioned the increasing tendency to refer to Royal Navy vessels as "THE HMS ................." It was of course the American press who started it, but I've even seen it used in BBC News reports recently. Brain dead reporters who don't stop to think what "HMS" actually stands for. angry

Posted by Tony Bennett on 31/01/2015 12:11:25:

petrol stations with shops attached.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

20 mins to get petrol this morning.

only one till open and que's of people with of shopping in front of you.

why can't they have a till just for petrol.

stdgetsrdhehdjdksj

You're right.

Happened to me the other day...eventually i changed queues, filled up,bought half a dozen things and when i came out the other car was still at the pump,empty. I don't know about a separate till,i think they need a refuge to park in after filling up,if you're intending to shop as well.

Andrew

Petrol stations that no longer sell anything remotely useful for a vehicle other than petrol or diesel, we used to go to the petrol station for fan belts, oil filters etc. I went to tesco to fill up with the fumes I could afford and they didn't even stock a plastic fuel can, I could have got a microwave burger though, yuk!

"So what gives you the hump ?"

I'll tell you what, seeing a 'Multi Faith' corner in the toilets at a major UK international airport, that's what. These have no doubt been installed at great cost to the tax payer, but it seems that the people who will benefit from these are quite able and happy to use the standard toilet facilities on the aeroplane which might well be airborne for 12 hours, or more, depending on where they're flying to. The money could be better spent in many other ways.

BTW, just what does 'Multi Faith' mean exactly? 

Edited By Bill_B on 31/01/2015 16:44:17