Anyone got 2.5m to spare?

Dai Fledermaus

Advert

It would be a shame to see this go abroad. I have seen it close up and it is absolutely georgeous.

Not sure about the claim that it is the only battle of britain survivor though, if I remember correctly the BBMF spitfire mk11a is a veteran of the battle? Perhaps they meant to say the only surviving hurricane from the battle.

To be fair to the Mail on Sunday (and frankly I find that very challenging wink 2) they only say it is the last flying Hurricane that flew in BoB. Where the claim that it is the "last flying BoB aircraft" is concerned they are careful to indicate that they are quoting the current owner - ie not their view.

BEB

It would be a tragedy if it were to leave this country, it's national icon. I have just finished reading Peter Vacher's book on restoring R4118. His fight with the authorities in India to bring it home were enough to make a saint swear. I suspect his decision to sell it coincides with the death recently of one of it's pilots the late great WingCo Bob Foster DFC. He will be turning in his grave if the Hurricane leaves these shores.

I was surprised to see this particular aeroplane come up on the inventory of Platinum fighter sales (where there is also the Reno racer P51 Strega). I knew about the aeroplane thanks to Danny Fenton's Hurricane being based on it. I therefore think Danny Fenton should buy the aeroplane to compliment his model.

CS (Signed the petition by the way)

One of the National Lottery funds should surely make an immediate, emergency, payment to buy this machine and hand it to the BBMF for safe and continuous maintenance and display. Maybe the owner could be offered some sort of deal. Don't big asset holders (stately homes, valuable paintings) get some sort of deal when offering them to the nation? I could go on..............face 17