Closing The Battle of Britain Chapel

Wilco Wingco

Advert

Sticking my head above the parapet and trying to sit on the fence, (please don't shoot me) they are stopping funding next March but are, at Ministerial level, looking for other organisations to take it on.

You can contact Anna Soubry; the Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans, who is responsible for the work to find alternative funding. **LINK**

It is strange how folk are stating that it is being closed. It isn't being closed.

This story has been brought to the attention of Anna Soubry, defence minister, the following is an extract from another forum (PPRuNe - for those that know of it) which was posted earlier this morning ...

A response from MOD:

Direct response, within the hour from Anna Soubry, Defence Minister,
Gary Preston I can assure you I do not want the closure of the Biggin Hill Chapel. It will be preserved and kept open. I am working on how we secure the funding. I am sorry that you have been misled by a newspaper report - the reporter has my phone number. He didn't call me or the Ministry of Defence. If he had he would have been given the facts. Instead people have been unduly worried and concerned. It is inconceivable that this important memorial to the sacrifice of some of our finest airmen would be "boarded up". Thank you for contacting me so I can reassure you. Anna

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 05/01/2015 11:56:41:

Signed anyway - got to remind the politicos that we're not all morally bankrupt!smile

Pete

Quite agree and the pressure needs to be kept up in case said minister tries to backtrack ... it's amazing how a bit of publicity can help focus the mind ... especially of politicos!

we now need the lads in parliament to turn down the heating which go's on in October when the clocks change and stays on until they change again in march.........keep the place at a constant 82c I read.....as you do(if you can afford it)...and don't forget the building which is around about 500 years old wont comply to the latest regs re-insulation etc....

ken Anderson...ne....1 ...keep Britain warn dept.

Posted by John Privett on 13/01/2015 00:07:42:
Posted by ken anderson. on 12/01/2015 15:02:25:

....keep the place at a constant 82c I read....

82°C ? That would explain a lot! smile o

Perhaps you meant 82°F !

.................................................................................

oop's....82C would solve a lot of things.... teeth 2 ..

ken Anderson...ne....1......heating dept.

I wonder how many people who signed the petition have actually visited the chapel? Or even will do now they know it exists!

The real point is why does it cost £50,000 just to keep a chapel open? What is it to be spent it on?