Fellow modeller needs a boost

Chris Bott - Moderator

Although I'm a mod I'm still not sure how to start this particular thread...

One thing I've found about this particular forum is the amazing warmth and generosity from all members.

I just came across a heart wrenching little note, buried in another thread and thought it at least worth trying to bring it to the attention of more folk.

Apologies to Brent, because I haven't asked him if this is OK. But I've pasted here two posts that he made in the Flair Se5a thread.

I'm sure at the very least, one or two folk here would like the opportunity to send an encouraging message thumbs up

Brent 30/12/2014 14:40:13

Hi sorry for not being on in a while. I finished chemo mid november as planned. Went in for the op on 3rd of december. However the chemo has shrunk the cancer but when they opened me up they found it had not stopped it from spreading. Its now on my bowl and abdominal wall. At the minute i allot on my mind and forgot about this thread so i do appologise. I have been told its inoperable and waiting to see my oncologists on the 8th of jan to find out if there is anything they can do now :/ so modeling now may be over for me.

Brent 08/01/2015 01:13:38

Hey guys sorry for lack of replys. Im feeling more positive and aint going to give in without a fight. Mike im in hospital again at the minute so not sure whats at mine till i get back and thank you ever so much. I appreciate everyones support and looking into trying to raise funds to go to america for a second opinion. Problem is cost ect. Friends of mine over there setup a fund to help try raise money for me to go over for a while and go to there local cancer hospital i hope the mods on here dont mind but heres the link.

Www.gofundme.com/brentpickering

i have to fight this for my kids and considering its not spread to my major organs then i think i stand a chance its just nhs cut backs geting in the way. If anyone can share the link to there websites or about id greatly appreciate it.

I have just looked back at what I was doing when I was 28. I wasn't thinking about cancer that's for sure. Brent has the fighting spirit which is a very powerful tool. Friends of mine have used it successfully but time is critically important. The forum is obviously very important to him. Let's show how important a fellow modeller is to us and help him get his flights booked.

Good luck Brent.

I don't know Brent, of course, but his and his family's plight certainly makes you stop, think and appreciate one's own health.

I get the impression he's been pretty reluctant to raise this, burying the comment in the Flair SE5A thread, so I'm very happy to bung in the cost of a LiPo to help a fellow modeller....thumbs up

Very best wishes, Brent - looking forward to seeing the SE5A restored and flyingsmile

Pete

Just seen the messages on the se5a thread and come here and seen these and all i can say is im gob smacked .i cant thank everyone enough i really cant. I dont know who donated the 1000 but im in shock. It was only at 215 dollars this morning till i posted it on the se5a thread. Im currantly in st james's leeds bexeley wing as an in patient after being rushed in over the weekend after becoming ill over christmass but was determined i was not being admitted to hospital til i had spent the christmass with my 18 month old son and 5 month old daughter incase its my last christmass. Anyway towards new year i thought i had picked up alittle and come last Sunday i got bad again. Low potassium due to constant vomiting and severely dehydrated as other low numbers in my blood. So currently on drips to get me back nice and stable again. I will keep you all posted on this thread to keep you all in the picture. The money being raised is to pay for passport and flight over and the rest is a start if they can offer treatment after they looked at my case.

Ps ray over jn america who i will be staying with is also into his rc aircraft and has skills that are amazing. So i will be in good hands. Thanks again to everyone it means so much to me because i want to see me little lad get into this hobby because no doubt he will love it.

Sorry to hear about your loss Steve, There's never a good time and just before Xmas is worse.

My first thought here was 'that's really bad luck on Brent'.

My second thought was 'will the money do any good and how does Brent know that more can't be done here because of NHS cuts?'

Fortunately I had a third thought - 'if I was in Brent's position I'd want to do anything I could that might make a difference - and if they might be able to do better in the US, I'd go for it!'

Fingers crossed Brent.

Thanks guys and hey dave the mustang must fly again . I cant say than you enough to you all i really cant i just hope and pray i can beat this. Not for me or anyone but for my kids. Fingers crossed all will go well and fingers crossed i dont get knocked back when i apply for my passport. Im hoping i can raise close enough to the target and upto now it looks promising thats for sure . I will keep coming back and reading coments and replying its just im having to use my fone to do this and it isnt as easy as it is on the computer.

I too have lost relatives to this awful disease. I'm touched to see the response from everyone here and I intend not only to make a donation but to paste the link where it will do some good.

Keep strong and keep fighting, it's been beaten before. By the way have you heard about the benefit of Apricot kernels to treat cancer? the doctors wont approve it but I've heard great things. Check it out on the net.

Good luck.