Small Metric Spanners

I bought a set of metric combo spanners from a market stall. The nice thing about them was that the ring end was the next size up or down as a pair - you get 6 open x 5.5 ring then the match would be 5.5 open x 6 ring , I think the smallest spanner is 2mm. and the set covered 2 to 8mm with selected 0.5 mm increments

Downside, at a couple of pounds cost, the quality isn't brilliant, however they haven't let me down yet - I also haven't seen them since - I would definitely buy another set or two

Martyn

Posted by Phil Green on 23/04/2015 16:25:29:
Posted by kc on 23/04/2015 15:29:56:

Poundland do a set of tiny sockets

How much are they?

You joke Phil, I went into Poundland a few times and came out empty handed, frustrated that there were No bleeping prices on anything!

It was my wife that explained the deal.

On the other hand; I go to the Isle of Man every year and their Poundland has the same colour and livery but is called something different. the reason, probably due to shipping costs, everything (was) £1.25.

I bought a set of these

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Spanner-set-Metric-7pcs-3mm-5-5mm-model-enginnering-hobby-Bergen-AT508-/121069836728

a couple of years ago and they have seen a lot of use. Sometimes it seems to be hard to get them on to the nut, so manufacturing tolerances may not be great, but having said that I've never failed to get one end or the other to fit on eventually.

Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 23/04/2015 09:00:32:

Does anyone know where I could buy a metric version of a set of magneto spanners, if such a thing exists?

As I recall magneto spanners (usually in a little pivoted bunch) weren't even much use on magnetos. I just used my own BA set on all the many magnetos I fettled

I bought a lovely set of small metric spanners after a long search from one of the regular traders at a show. Not one of the tool traders but one that sels things like air brushes and other such things. There's a label in the wallet that says expotools.com and they're sold as suitable for carburettors, fuel pumps & alternators, so not much different from magnetos.

Geoff