Greenacres 23-25 May 2015

Advert

I will be able to check on the field status first thing tomorrow morning.

They will have driven over the weekend strip getting their 'vans on (and hopefully off) the field but we won't really care about that strip this weekend.

I haven't really approached the camp in case of reaction or escalation from them. Also, don't just go over our normal entry slope else you will literally arrive in their back yard!

Like I say, I'll take another look tomorrow morning...

Posted by Jim Mchugh on 19/05/2015 16:25:39:

I will be able to check on the field status first thing tomorrow morning.

They will have driven over the weekend strip getting their 'vans on (and hopefully off) the field but we won't really care about that strip this weekend.

I haven't really approached the camp in case of reaction or escalation from them. Also, don't just go over our normal entry slope else you will literally arrive in their back yard!

Like I say, I'll take another look tomorrow morning...

....................................................................................................................................................................

I wouldn't approach the camp etc...they see anyone/everyone as a threat and they don't take to us - too kindly..

ken Anderson...ne....1 stay away dept.

That is such a shame - I know how much really hard work and dedication the Greenacres committee and members put in.

Just to voice another small concern that perhaps hasnt been considered...Possible revenge from local militia and other annoyed neighbours..

No doubt this sad invasion will make the local press/radio etc. This will undoubtedly create hostility from local people and possible have a go vigilantes.

If Walsall council are able to miraculously make these people leave before the weekend and then we rock up with our perfectly legally placed vans that look exactly the same...How will any possible activists know we are not actually the Gypsies?

Sorry to be all doom and gloom and I REALLY hope its sorted - I've booked friday off and got a weekend pass from kids and SWMBO for this event

Jez McJustboughtanewcaravan.

Shame. I reckon it's a 100% certainty that it won't go ahead. These people usually stay for ages before they go.

Best to cancel it now and re-schedule it for another time, between the other two Greenacres meets - where there are no shows, or they are down south, where most of us might not go to, anyway...

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 19/05/2015 19:38:00

What a shame; I was looking forward to coming along to say hello to one and all.. have a fly too.. maybe an alternative date ASAP is the best answer and will keep all interested..

If by some chance it can go ahead, people can still make the effort to pop along..

OK, now a post edited to remove inflammatory remarks.

Please understand - this is NOT a thread for discussing the general issues around the challenges that these situations give rise to. It is specifically an information thread to keep people informed as to whether the event will go ahead or not.

Please, as Chris and I have asked, do not make derogatory remarks about any groups involved.

We don't want to close this thread - but it is starting to look like we might have no alternative if this continues; just reopening it for factual updates. Please don't force us down that route.

BEB

@BEB. I agree. Let's keep this thread totally unbiased, just with the facts, please, as ALL we want to do is hold a great Fun Fly this coming weekend.

I checked field again on way home this evening at about 5:00 PM. Couldn't post till now as I had an appointment.

Looks like a few more caravans have turned up during the course of today, between 13:00 and 17:00.

One is currently parked right in the middle of our weekend strip. No problem for the Fun Fly but that strip will no doubt be damaged.

I (and no doubt everyone else) at Greenacres is working on the assumption that miracles do happen and we will have a field ready for flight time 9:00AM Saturday morning.

Remember, "A" Cert required and £5 per day for visiting pilots...!

laughhotlaughbeerlaughhotlaughbeerlaughhotlaughbeerlaughhotlaughbeerlaughhotlaughbeer

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 19/05/2015 21:35:49

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 19/05/2015 21:36:20

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 19/05/2015 21:37:03

Sorry to hear the bad news. May I ask who is the owner for the site and what's the arrangement with the council?

I fear that the travellers have got the word out and more will come in days to come.

We had problems with Travellers in our council owned parks and it still took time to get them moving on.

Now all our parks have proper beefy steel gates for access and ditch/mound barriers with Wooden fencing & bushes along the barriers as well. Some areas had to have tall steel fencing along roads all paid by the council as travellers still look for weak spots to gain entry.

I must look it up on the greenacres website first 😳 .   It looks to be council owned.  Fingers crossed for you guys.

Edited By Keith Simmons on 20/05/2015 09:55:26

It seems that some people simply will not listen to reasonable requests not to make inflammatory comments on this thread. So, following a post deleted and warning issued, a second post edited and second warning issued now we have had to delete a third post, so we have no choice. The thread is closed.

Jim if any one from Greenacres needs to get news out please email or PM Chris, myself or any other mod and we post bulletins here. Its a great shame that we have to do this.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/05/2015 10:30:34

The latest news is that it is likely that the event will now go ahead.

Without going into the detail, it is expected that the club will get on the field around mid morning on Friday.

Setup may run a little late, so I'd suggest that visitors keep an eye on this thread or the GMAC website. I'll keep both right up to date through Friday morning. When I know something, it should appear here.

That's the plan, let's hope all concerned stick to it!

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 20/05/2015 19:17:27

Excellent news - The field is now clear of visitors.

The council have some work to do to clear up, then GMAC will be on the field as usual in the morning. So unless they just turn around and come back, the event is back on as planned.

I'll leave this thread open for the time being. Please don't give us cause to close it again,