Help With Strutter Build. by BOZ

Boz

Thanks guys, am using jrman,s idea it worked really well, and the plan is still good to use again.thanks ian & stevo for your interest and advice, I hope you find my build amusing if not interesting, oh by the way I'm from Scunthorpe, lol working again now until Tuesday will post progress then, thanks for looking, and thanks toJim at Mick Reaves for help with plan prob boz

Edited By Boz on 17/09/2015 17:54:36

smiley well guys am looking for some help again, this time its not about the build, i would like some suggestions for a colour scheme for the strutterquestion i have been looking at vid"s and pics of dawn patrol but i aint seen a 1 1/2 strutter. the colours have to conform to the dawn patrols reg"s.

i would like to do something that has not been done by others, so as long as it will pass the reg"s for dp i will be greatefull. i know its a long way down the line but planing in advance makes better senseenlightenedi believe the strutter was used during the war years by other countries,

any ideas send them in, thanks for looking, more pics to follow boz

the regs are on here but i cannot copy and paste dawn patrol uk if anyone knows how to put a linc into this page there is a full list on the site. thanks for looking boz the manston one looks good, dylon the one you posted has not got the gunner turretyes

Doesn't have to be in an aces colours, has to be accurate scheme though, with all the stitching and tapes etc. Basically, it has to be a nice scale model. My mates Neil and his dad Andrew Armstrong are building this very beast at the moment, I'm sure they'll help where they can Bozyes

Ian.

As far as I can tell the aircraft has to be one of a list on dawn patrols list, I bought the scale kit that conforms to there regs, but wanted to do something different but acceptable to them, it has to be in the colours of an ace, but not just flying Corp, so I would think it has to be specific time\date. Reg are your mates and his dad posting on any sites, I'm stuck on the joining of the top wing, boz

Edited By Boz on 23/09/2015 00:31:21

Posted by jeff2wings on 22/09/2015 22:16:52:

Jon ,see above post plenty two seater crews made ace status 5+ kills such as Mckeever/Powell in a bristol F2B with 30 victores

I am not disputing that, but it seems that some aircraft would not have achieved that status. Also are we talking about a plane that was once flown by an ace before he became an ace or a plane he flew sometimes while becoming an ace on that type, or plane/pilot combo that got to ace standard together.

Sorry if i seem pedantic, its just that the last category i mention there would be very restrictive.

Dave those two look nice, but my strutter has a gunner, the Russians one is very nice but i wont be able to use that one for the reason above.

i am not sure what variant of strutter mick has done for this build, but am leaning to one of the foreign variants simply because it will be more unusual.

please send in more of your choices, thanks for looking, bozyes