EDF jet build

Gary Vinten 1

I'm still here too Gary!

Keep the posts coming mate. I particularly like checking out the pic's so don't be disheartened by the lack of comments

I'm looking forwards to a flight vid (if you are planning on doing one?).

Keep up the good work.

Rosco

Gary,

Your progress looks very good, I like the colour scheme!

Very interested to hear what the all up weight is when you are finished?

What retracts did you go for? I was considering the eflite 15-25 set but I think the plane might be on the upper end of the weight limit. The wing mounts don't appear to have enough room for the 25-40 size.

My progress has been pathetic the last few weeks for two reasons, firstly I have been busy with other stuff and secondly I dread the fuselage planking and that's the next job!

Dan

Hi Dan

I took my plan to a show last year and put retracts up to the drawing and got the best i could .

I was looking for larger wheels and wider as i will be flying of grass and some jets i have seen have smaller narrow wheels and stick to the grass on take off. (that was my reason behind it ) The nose wheel retract is 5kg and the servo is 20kg i think.

I had to do a large modification to get the retract in the servo is right up the nose .

When you put in larger retracts you have to cut away the ply wing rib nearly down to the sheeting then reinforce around what you have taken out smiley Very solid when completed.

Also with the wing servos i used the ones in the above picture so they will sit flush to the servo covers (not made yet )

AUW at the moment is 5.5 KG plus the lipo and some more small bits (i reckoned about 6.3/6.5kg when finished 

I have been told the original was about 7 kg but could handle a little more we can only wait and see

REGARDS Gary

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Adrian

No maiden as yet purely because I am going to change the edf motor to a higher spec and run it on 8s as I think it will perform better .

Reason is that edf technology has changed and its got so much better than it was , there is more choice now and better units on the market .

So watch this space for the update in spec cheeky

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...