2016 RCM&E Autumn Special- Free Plan Modellers Choice

Dave to get something very different is difficult. From the mags perspective, the Autumn publication is a special. It is produced with the view of selling mags, which means it has to be commercial.

In this case, TN is a commercial modeller, his selection also is from the perspective of sales.

I would be interested in a Horton, a lot more would be ecstatic with yet another spitfire, or even a Hurricane. So the likes of you and me are not catered for.

Then again my business head says Spitfire every time( the heart says boring).

What about a Douglas Dauntless

It's hugely under modelled, very much the unsung hero of the pacific war, a sort of American Hurricane. It's got a nice simple retract system, and then you could have great fun with that lovely flap/dive brake system, bomb drop options etc. Most of all it's the type of model that Tony does best.

It should be about 50" span and electric, with an IC option to please the luddites.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when we'll get to see some pics of this lovely Zero crafted by the master of warbirds and jets?

Must be half built now I would think,oh and that lovely Harrier....Absolutely awesome! I wonder what colours been chosen also.

Kind Regards

Steve laugh

Edited By Steve Adams on 08/07/2016 16:34:15

Hi All.....

Well having just put a full-size replica project to bed (4-wheels this time).... it was time to bash on with the Zero....

In the last week I put some covering on and fitted the model out ready for a test flight today at Hastings....Well a beautiful summers day of low cloud, drizzle, high winds greeted me at 10am this morning. To me this is the perfect test flying weather coz if it dont work in this, it not a model for all seasons....

So with a couple of taxi runs all seeming ok, I lined her up into wind and with only 3/4 throttle she was away....ammazzzed to say i need no trim changes what so ever which has to be a first for any test flight....even in the strong wind, the model was nicely controllable and surprisingly stable....Only a small amount of nose weight was needed so hopefully, by the time the cowl and detail is added, I hope to ballast free!!!

Thanks to 4-Max for putting together a superb electric setup capable of turning a scale 3-bladed prop!!!

Span is 67", AUW was just over 8lbs.

img_4087.jpg

img_4089.jpg

img_4091.jpg

img_4093.jpg