How do you clean yours?

Shaunie

As per the title really, I fly glow and electric so my transmitters get a bit dirty and I'd like them pristine again. In the past I have stripped all the electronics out and washed the cases in soap and water but it's a bit involved. There must be a simpler way, any ideas?

Shaunie.

Advert

Stripping them down and washing the case is quite an extreme measure Shaunie.

I usually have a sponge cloth with a small spray bottle to hand. Spray the cloth, not the Tx, then clean the Tx with that. Works well for me, although, admittedly I don't fly glow anymore, so don't have much muck on me hands.

Posted by Percy Verance on 17/01/2016 20:42:20:

I'd agree, baby wipes are excellent. It's best to clean a little but often, then you don't end up with nooks and crannies you could plant seeds in.... botton buds with a drop of Stardrops on are good for difficult corners.

Baby wipes are good for car windscreens and dash boards too........

Edited By Percy Verance on 17/01/2016 20:43:08

Babywipes are very efficient for cleaning glow models too. Luckily, my transmitter has few - if any - crooks and nannies and a dampened rag with a drop or two of detergent does the job for me. I have a film protector (cut down from an iPad Mini one) for the display.

Thanks for the ideas guys.
The one I am most interested in cleaning is a Gen1 DX7 and it has little nooks and crannies everywhere!
The one I stripped many years ago was a Futaba Challenger that had got really filthy through lots of (glow only) use, it came up really well but was a lot of work.

Shaunie.

Baby wipes and an occasional drop of meths. I don't make a habit of using meths because it can soften the adhesive of foam covering at the seams causing it to lift over time. I usually seal all the seams when models are new these days and that helps. Difficult to reach places - cheap electric toothbrush can often get in there.