Phoenix 2000 and DX9

Glyn44

This is driving me mad!

Bought a new Phoenix 2000 glider(HK) Tried to fly it yesterday. Bound it to my new DX9, all flying surfaces operate correctly but Esc emits continuous bleeps, and the motor does not run. The knowledgable crew said throttle limits need setting,,we tried it, bleeping continued. Motor still not running. Then tried to set up Esc manually, nothing seemed to work.

So at home I changed the Esc, receiver,,and finally the motor. Several batteries were connected as it seems the rapid bleeping indicates incorrect terminal voltage!

After many a happy hour I still could not get any response from the motor. Finally I tried setting it up on my DX6i. Worked immediately. I have a couple of other planes set up on the 9, no problems encountered, fly a treat. I'm baffled. There does not seem to be anything odd in the model setup on the Tx. I did delete old model and started again. No improvement.

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong,or even not doing something I should be?

Yours hopefully, Glyn.

Advert

Hi

Yes throttle trim is adjusted to min.

I have tried a dsmx and a dsm2 Rx. Neither work the throttle, binding is ok, all control surfaces are ok with both.

Batteries are fully charged so voltage ok

I will try throttle reverse. I understood that if I switch on with the stick at max the esc should go into manual programme mode. I'm I mistaken here. Anyway, it does not. I have switched on with the throttle stick in high and low positions to no avail. But will do as you suggest tomorrow.

Also both receivers are brand new, and purchased from KLM. Nobody at the club has seen anything like this, and there was some years of experience there yesterday!

Cheers for now

Ok update. Channel 1 in servo setup, which should display THR, is showing inhibited INH! I have found this out by looking at my Wot4 model select, which works ok.

I have tried throwing every switch but cannot get rid of INH. On the monitor screen the channel furthest to the left is also showing INH. Again it should be displaying THR. I guess.

So good friends how do I uninhibit it.

Regards, Glyn.

Glyn -

In Main Menu, scroll down to 'System Setup' (last but one on the list), or just enter the System Menu in the normal way by switching on with the roller held down.

Scroll down to 'Channel Assign' and select. Channel 1 should be showing 'Inhibit' from your description above. Change this to 'Throttle', check the other assignments are as they should be - normally 2-Ail, 3-Elev, 4-Rudd, 5-Gear, etc. and all should be well.

Cheers, David

(Wolston Flyer beat me to it!)

Edited By David P Williams on 14/02/2016 11:17:17

Hi, yep as above channel assign was showing INH, but when selected and scrolled through there was no option to select THR!

Any after a couple of hours it struck me that this is the only model type on this Tx, where I selected type sailplane. You've got it now eh. I never set the type of sailplane, so it assumed it did not have a motor. I couldn't be bothered to sort all that out, so I selected ACRO, bobs your uncle, everything works. It's only four channel aco, sailplane can't see it matters.

Thanks for all your help, learning curve continues ever upward!

Thanks again, going to watch England stuff Italy now, I hope.

Kind regards, Glyn.