Wots Wot XL

Advert

I ordered carbon pushrod sets from kcmodelaccesories shop on Ebay. 5 sets of them. I assumed that if they were being sold as sets then the supplied adaptors would match the supplied carbon. Nope. What is it they say about assumptions? I've contacted the seller to see what he proposes but I don't intend sanding the carbon down to fit the adaptors. Meanwhile I've recycled some old pushrods to fit. At least the clevis in the pushrod kits are servicable unlike those provided by Ripmax.

Instant response apologising and refunding my payment - way to go KC Model Accessories!

laugh

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 25/07/2016 19:22:17

aPosted by Bob Cotsford on 25/07/2016 19:06:26:

I ordered carbon pushrod sets from kcmodelaccesories shop on Ebay. 5 sets of them. I assumed that if they were being sold as sets then the supplied adaptors would match the supplied carbon. Nope. What is it they say about assumptions? I've contacted the seller to see what he proposes but I don't intend sanding the carbon down to fit the adaptors. Meanwhile I've recycled some old pushrods to fit. At least the clevis in the pushrod kits are servicable unlike those provided by Ripmax.

Instant response apologising and refunding my payment - way to go KC Model Accessories!

laugh

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 25/07/2016 19:22:17

Bob, I used some Ripmax ones recently and I had to sand them to fit sad I had never used them before and thought it was normal.

Cheers Rich. was very lucky weight was spot on. By the way I had to sand my carbon rods which were 3mm to get them into adaptors but with liberal epoxy use they are many multiples stronger than the servos, but would expect them to fit if part of a set. It's going to be 2 weeks now till I can fly it. Anyway I wish you all happy building and success.. Tim

I've used various carbon rod kits in the past and never had to sand anything. In fact the ones I recycled were two brands, one used 3.5mm-ish tube, the other 3mm rod and the adaptors on both were sized for the supplied rod.

You just can't get the staff these dayswink

I need to put the U/C on before i go any further, I'll take note of your experience with the tailwheel Tim.

Thought so, as you say they were good quality products.

I've filled in two of the lightening cutouts in the side to fit a dual failover switch/regulator for dual power supply and a separate slide switch for ignition. Does anyone know whether it'll be ok extending the hall sensor lead to reach the platform provided for the ignition unit?

My second NTH GF38 just arrived - much better presentation than the first one which just happens to power my Acrowot XL so nicely. They now come with a pre-drilled and tapped alloy mount and Just Engines have improved the exhaust adaptor. Guess where the drilled holes in the mount put the prop driver? Yep, 177mm from the mount face. What's more it's only 150ish gms heavier than the ASP FS180, or 400gms less than the Evolution 35. And the Savox servos I put in the tail are quite hefty and a couple of hefty batteries would fit each side of the rudder servo moving the CofG back...

Decisions, decisions.

If the line of the rod is straight and angles the same it doesn't matter. I have my rods same length and both servos opposite each other just under the front of the tail plane . That was because I wanted to minimise extra tail weight. Both my servos are low profile savox ones. I am using a laser 155  glow 4 stroke , so that weighs less than 4s petrol engines with their batteries and ignition units . With  a 4200ma life battery in the nose I did no need to add any extra weight . 

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 01/08/2016 15:27:50

Posted by Phil 9 on 01/08/2016 13:14:16:

with the elevator mod would it be better to have the push rods the same length or does it not matter

Mine is like Paul's in the photos above, one behind the other. I had to play about setting travel volumes to get equal movements but that's because one servo is reversed and even Savox 0251MGs aren't 100% linear.

WWXL is on temporary hold while I sort out a couple of OS 120 Surpass engines that decided to play up at the weekend. It'll be interesting to see how the balance works out with 1250 gms of NGH in the snout.