Gere Sport

AndyD

not much building,thought i had some liteply but must of used it else where,shall have to have a drive out saturday,started cutting ribs instead.its not flowing like the ballerina build probally because im still sourceing things.not decided about a sound system yet but i do fancy it.

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 13/04/2016 11:06:35:
Posted by Peter Miller on 13/04/2016 08:13:19:
Posted by john stones 1 on 12/04/2016 23:02:45:

It's looking good so far Andy, 8 cylinder radial sound system eh brmmm brmmm wink

John

* Cylinder??????

Don't know what I said wrong, educate me wink

John

The Rotac R2800 is a 7 (Seven Cylinder radial, Not 8. No single row radials have an even number of cylinders.

dont think i should of started builing a bi-plane went shoppin for some 1/8 ply but while i was there decided to by the solartex,big ouch forgot how dear it was.next time i think i will cut up my curtains and sew them on instead.

must get some more photos before i get to carried away.for someone who not a fan of building wings im quite enjoying it,maybe its the simple straight chord or maybe its knowing i cant go wrong,i designed it so i change the design to suit or cover up any mistakes without people knowing lol.

003.jpg002.jpgshould of been flying this weekend as its been fairly nice but life got in the way saturday and to day i wanted to sort the wire work out on the gere as i dont get the time during the week,so its mainly done and out the way ,a good job to as i didnt really enjoy it but now i can hopefully progress more in the evenings.001.jpg

Posted by onetenor on 24/04/2016 22:05:03:
Posted by AndyD on 23/03/2016 18:00:48:

i tried your foil tecnique for the tops Peter,i think ineed some better quality foil though the slightest touch and it tears it seems extra thin.plenty of time yet.

Needs Turkey foil

Also self adhesive car repair foil from Halfords or such/probably better.

thought i was goin to have something to show today,i was going to to have a days session on it but they make the knifes to sharpe,yup sliced a bit off the side of my thumb,nothing major or even big just enough to make it saw plus any pressure and it starts bleeding again,better luck tomorrow.

thx again onetenor ive actually got some repair tape(why didnt i think of that) so may have another go at it.amazing what you find while looking for other things in the garage.

Posted by AndyD on 01/05/2016 18:15:42:

thought i was goin to have something to show today,i was going to to have a days session on it but they make the knifes to sharpe,yup sliced a bit off the side of my thumb,nothing major or even big just enough to make it saw plus any pressure and it starts bleeding again,better luck tomorrow.

I feel for you...did nearly the same thing , except went right up into the jointcrying 2

Anyhow get well soon...yesyes