Gere Sport

AndyD

Advert

006.jpg005.jpg004.jpg003.jpg002.jpgthats it finished not doing any more to it,so its on with the plane it self now,it had to be done though as its proberly the main feature of the plane.the cones held on by magnets and rock solid and thats a 20x10 prop in the pictures,looks about right to me.001.jpg

I'll second Josip on this one, Andy.

Sometimes I think of myself that I must be a bit "insane" to have started the 'hybrid' Bella. frown

But now, I'm sure I found my Master regarding that kind of illness... surprise

Great job, young man.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Insanity Control

nothing to show yet but ive started drawing up the plans,trying to keep it simple without losing its scale look,but being a home build plane anyway all the planes ive seen are different anyway.

1. its got to be quick and easy to build.

2. quick and easy to assemble.it wont get flown much if it takes to much fiddling to get it ready.

3. pretty strong/not a model to be wrapped in cotton wool,everyday flying,being bashed on doors,the car/bad landings,none of these things should happen but they do.

4. lightish as its going to be electric,not sure about this one what with the dummy radial and the scale wheels ive got for it as both way over a pound each.

5.sound system for the radial,another pound odd.

so thats 3 1/2 - 4 pound and ive not even started building,my motor setups good for 2000w so im good for 15-20 Ib in theory.its a slow flyer with basic aerobatics something like a tigermoth.my ballarina was 7ish Ib so two together is 14 Ib (extra wing and a bit bigger fuz) im hoping i will be somewhere near.

not just yet with the ballerina peter,not enough hrs.

hi cymaz im using the second plan already,never came across the first one,i tend to do the basic plans to make sure things are somewhere near right then build as i go and add to the plan,bit back to front but it works for me so far.

after doin the engine its a bit boring at the mo but i have glued some wood together to make bigger enough pieces to make the front sides.looks like i will be useing a lot of 3x8 as i seem to of collected a lot of it for some reason.

001.jpgno going back now,the cutting as started,ive got some scale wheels 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 but not sure if to use them yet because of their weight ,we shall see as the build progresses,its intended to be a quick build we shall see on that as well,would be nice to catch some of the summer.002.jpg

just think if you could build an engine like that Steve and they did run,ive got a hellcat and several sukhois waiting,although the hellcat and one sukhioi did have 3 cylinder petrol radials in them but replaced them with electric motors,i know everyones already told me im mad along with other things.

no photos/flat battery not that theres a lot to show yet,maybe at the weekend if its bad weather.

Re nuts for round cylinder bases. There are some hex shaped plastic rod available but you will have to Google for them .Probably an art shop.. You could slice sections from them Also I think Lego have some actual nuts and there was at one time a construction set that was plastic and used nuts. .Again a Google job Just some thoughts.

Good luck John

just when you think youve finished people show me what i was looking for,the question is does the model need them in other words have i got the patience,i was going flying but the rains not long stopped so i think i do a bit in the workshop/kitchen,cant get nuts out of my mind now.

004.jpg003.jpg002.jpgmain fuselage well under way shall have to start thinking about wings now,front end is just 3/8 and 1/2 slab building,not the cheapest or lightest way of building but it suits this build,quite enjoyable with the razor plane and 80 grit,final sanding later when buildings nearing compleation.top wing fixings of got three ideas in my head but its a matter of sorting the easy one001.jpg