Whats it called? - surface mounted bind port type thingy...

Hi folks. I do not know what it is called but what I want to do is surface mount a lead from the bind port of a receiver so that I have access when the model is assembled a bit like a rx pack charging port. I have tried various combnations of words but have failed miserably to find one - if they even exist!

Any pointers gladly received.....

Cheers, Simon

Advert

I normally use servo extension leads, what I am after though is a surface mounted something to mount the end of the lead into. I remember having a little plastic plate once that the end of the lead clipped into and the plate had two screws that held it in place to make a socket, but I have no idea where it came from. I normally just leave the end of the lead poking out somewhere but want to make a neater job this time.

It looks a bit like a stand-alone charging port.

Cheers, Simon

Edited By mightypeesh on 08/04/2016 09:36:08

Sounds like genius to me Peter.

Would it work though. All the switch harnesses I have used only feed to the battery from the charge lead when the switch is in the off position, so do not connect to the rx otherwise it would power the rx all the time like a y lead?

Then again I might just have confused myself thinking it out!

Seeing the Mick reeves one I might make some up myself if Peters Idea does not work. Mind you I have a soldering iron and lots of spare lead......... Watch this space....

Cheers, Simon

Edited By mightypeesh on 08/04/2016 14:18:00

Edited By mightypeesh on 08/04/2016 14:22:33

Posted by mightypeesh on 08/04/2016 14:16:01:

Sounds like genius to me Peter.

Would it work though. All the switch harnesses I have used only feed to the battery from the charge lead when the switch is in the off position, so do not connect to the rx otherwise it would power the rx all the time like a y lead?

Then again I might just have confused myself thinking it out!

Seeing the Mick reeves one I might make some up myself if Peters Idea does not work. Mind you I have a soldering iron and lots of spare lead......... Watch this space....

Cheers, Simon

Edited By mightypeesh on 08/04/2016 14:18:00

Edited By mightypeesh on 08/04/2016 14:22:33

IT works Look at the Spektrum swith harness. IT is the same set up, You bind via the lead. I imagine that the positive is the only wire that is not in circuit and the bind cercuit is signal and negative. Anyway when you put the bind plug in and switch on the lights startflashing and it binds. when you swithc the TXon.

I have just tested in on a heavy duty Ripmax swith and that worked. So any one with all thre wires will work

I haveone ot switches wilth a built in charge socket on the switch face and that works on my Floozy Bipe because I never take the wings off

Edited By Peter Miller on 09/04/2016 14:45:33

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 09/04/2016 14:17:16:
Posted by John Privett on 09/04/2016 11:16:41:
Posted by Denis Watkins on 08/04/2016 09:31:53:

2mm spacing board mount stand offs

But it's 0.1" spacing - ie. 2.43mm

Actually 2.54mm I'm sure John had a slip of the finger.

Geoff

You're right Geoff. Where the heck did ".43" come from? smile o