What could I throw off the Orme?

The present Mrs H and myself have a week planned motorhoming in North Wales later in the year and I've always fancied trying my hand at slope soaring. We shall be (though it is going to come as a bit of a surprise to the missus!) fairly close to Llandudno. I have a couple of electric gliders but I'm not sure they would be suitable. Anybody have any suggestions for something fairly compact, a wing perhaps, that I could acquire/build before September, and where such things are available. I looked on all my favourite web traders but can't find anything suitable.

Thanks, fellas.

David

Advert

Funnily enough my wife and I set out from here on the Hampshire coast to Llandudno tomorrow - it's the AGM of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles, apparently. I've never been to the Orme before but plan to go up there to see what the PSSA boys are doing. As you can imagine, planes aren't high on the packing list priority but I can't pass up the opportunistic to have a flight. I have nothing that qualifies as PSS but am taking an SAS Thing and a Zagi just so I've got something to fly. I'll also try to squeeze in a Radian Pro in case the wind is very light or if a flat field flying opportunity arises.

Trevor

Good pointing in the right direction skills, Ken. I like the look of the Zagi and also the Weasel which is a gnats .... smaller. Neither in stock at the moment but I've got a bit of time so I'll give T9 (never come across them before) a ring a see what timescale is involved. Dave, I'll go with Beiber(who is she?) and Cowell but I've got a bit of a soft spot for Boris. I think we could have some fun here. I'll nominate anyone who puts a coat on a dog. And Jeremy Corbyn of course.

David

You could try a yeti from 4Max. It has been brought in as a zagi replacement as they do not seem to be available. Reviewed in one of the mags recently,both rcme and qefi. Electric version available as well.

Am currently recovering my old zagi at present. It has futaba 128 servos in it so you can tell how old it is. Recovered my electric powered one last year.

Maxg

Have a look at the Flyingwings Spectre...a Wildy clone.

Some say not a patch on a Wildy, but I'm having great success with mine (I don't combat it Timbo 😊 )

Flyss in a knats fart, much better than the available W.Thing and add a ballast bay, add 300g's of lead and she'll rocket along in big winds.

Edited By Phil May on 14/04/2016 13:53:18