Giant 1/4 scale F-104 Starfighter (at Top Gun 2016)

Advert

Stunning model beautifully flown. Even though it was obviously flying very fast the manouvres were all unhurried which is something I like to see.

I wonder if it's true scale. Someone used to bring a lovely scratch built EDF Starfighter to the RR(Hucknall) scale weekends (Reg Smith IIRC) and he told me the wings were actually 20% over size but they still looked very small compared to the size of the model.

Geoff

Posted by bert baker on 24/05/2016 12:19:46:

Is that the same type Alli Mac had a few years back.

I recently watched a video regarding the English Electric Lightning that Ali was flying and he stated it did have a powerbox iGyro installed. The video stated that the Lightning was twitchy on roll but I am not sure if the iGyro was just on Ailerons or on all surfaces.

Generally when flying at events like that with up to 2 other high value jets in the air at the same time it's common sense to do that. Each pilot has a caller who is spotting where the other models are in the air and letting the pilot know so he can stay relatively clear. Flying rough circuits makes it easier for the models to avoid each other. Only ever seen one mid-air at a jet event and that was when one guy wasn't flying the circuit.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 26/05/2016 09:19:01