Grrr batteries...

David perry 1

Advert

I wouldn't worry about it - the Taranis comes with a LSD NiMH pack that offers plenty of duration outbid the box. Personally I cannot understand why anyone gores for a multi-cell, high C rated lipo on a TX unless you plan to run a high power UHF or other module - it really is the worst of all worlds (requires balancing, requires removal from TX to charge, high C rating has no purpose in a low far TX and storage at elevated voltage degrades capacity and cycle life). LIFe or NiMH is definitely preferable in my book.

David, if the battery is the same size or near the size of a standard Futaba one it probably will be too bulky to fit in a Taranis.
If you do get a lithium battery remember it must not be charged via the charging socket.

I use one of these. Made my own conversion lead from the standard Futaba plug to the 2 pin used by my Taranis.

taranis plug.jpg

**LINK**

Just remember to remove it for charging. I leave the smaller home made bit in situ, so as to not put extra strain on the Taranis connector.

If you would like my spare one just PM me your snail mail adress and I will pop it in the post free gratis and for nothing.

Kev

Thanks.

ref my ff9, when I use it the servos jitter quite wildly but never settle down. If I move the sticks only the right hand stick makes a difference but all it does is to bias the jitter one way then the other. Ive never seen anything like it in 30 years! I wondered at first if it was the spekky module but I managed to find a 35MHz receiver and put the original module back in...nope, same fault I am pretty sure its a fault in the transmitted signal because the actual binding signal, and the carrier, is all there fine and dandy...so Im assuming the modulation has gone awry. The jitters arent small. like yiou might see under some circumstances, but large amplitude, high frequency ones. Weird.

David

Have you always used the same servos & Rx battery when you've tried this with different modules ?

I ask because I had something similar happen on two occasions to me some time ago. First time it was an undervolt [4.8v] Rx battery, next time it turned out to be one faulty servo upsetting the rest.

Thanks for the ideas. Alas it's jittery with several models, several different set ups etc etc. I'll take the case apart just in case there's something obvious like a wire or something.

I tried it on 2.4 band 35mhz AND. 40mhz so quite happy it's the tx itself.

The tranny owes me nothing so if it is BER then so be it, shame though as I have really enjoyed the 9. It's a great size and weight for my mitts.

D

Ive got a FF9 and when it was new I failed to appreciate the implications of correctly setting PCM/PPM mode depending on the type of Rx I was using and I got jittering.

Before you strip anything down I recommend you use the "Servo" function in the Tx to see what the Tx thinks its transmitting....

Well it definitely does something because it had me driven crazy for a few hours one day when I had the wrong setting. The OP hasn't confirmed if he has tried changing his setting - it may just sort his problem or at least eliminate it as a potential factor.

Edited By Alan Gorham_ on 21/06/2016 22:09:19