BREXIT

Ernie

Advert

OK Folks - we obvious allow general discussion in this section but can we right at the outset put down two markers on this issue:

1. This is a model aeroplane forum not a political debating forum. Political argument does not have a place on here. Discussion about the generalities and aroundthe matter - no problem. Argument about the substatitive issue - big problem!

2. Whatever your view please keep in mind a very substantial proportion of people (at least 48% of the UK) don't agree with you - so a little sensitivity is necessary!

BEB

Posted by Barrie Dav 2 on 24/06/2016 09:17:58:

It's already dropped pretty heavily.

Its also recovered by nearly 50% in the past hour. I think it will be a short term blip.. Far too much investment and cross integration in European businesses for it to make a big difference in trade agreements which could affect all of Europe.

My thoughts anyway..

Martyn

Well, I'd been thinking again about going Taranis recently, so rightly or wrongly I pushed the button on an X9D Plus 2.4GHz Transmitter plus three X8R receivers earlier this morning on the basis that whenever suppliers next have to re-order there's a fair chance that the price may then be higher. I guess time will tell ........

as hobbyking always charge in USD and the currency exchange is carried out by paypal or credit card, then we will already have to pay more. The price in £ on the website is just an indication, look at the bill you get and you will see.

Posted by Martyn K on 24/06/2016 09:53:40:

Its also recovered by nearly 50% in the past hour. I think it will be a short term blip.. Far too much investment and cross integration in European businesses for it to make a big difference in trade agreements which could affect all of Europe.

My thoughts anyway..

Martyn

Agreed, there was always going to be a blip.

People seem to forget the financial crisis. No mention was made during the referendum that the UK is effectively bankrupt anyway (which is why interest rates aren't going anywhere) - how much worse can it get? wink

In my opinion, this is a result of politicians not listening to the electorate. If they ran the EU effectively and above board there would not have been a problem.

I expect a lot of other countries to demand referendums.

Edited By Rich2 on 24/06/2016 10:01:02

Edited By Rich2 on 24/06/2016 10:02:58

There will be a re-release labelled GB-LBT firmware which will be totally incompatible with EU-LBT Firmware

On a more serious point, does this mean that the threat on UK model aviation from EU harmonisation is now less of a threat - ie we can continue under CAP658 with no interference from EU beaurocrats?

Posted by Owdlad on 24/06/2016 11:37:54:

Now that the Scots wont accept the result of the democratic process.......The time has come to give the rest of UK a referendum for Scotland to remain in the union.

Who said anyone wasn't accepting anything. Let's not go in for insulting parts of the UK. Keep the rancour out of this please gentlemen. Or we will close it.

BEB

To be fair, this forum is a breath of fresh air without the awful referendum based flashes that are erupting elsewhere on t'internet.

According to the voices on the radio, It will take a minimum of two years to exit the EU but only after the UK triggers Article 50. They will only apply article 50, which is the method of leaving the EU, once informal negotiations on many hundreds, if not thousands, of points have taken place.  This, in itself, could take years!

Some people have discussed what happens with the EU laws currently in place and the answer seems to be that the laws will still be applicable until the UK have replaced them or removed any that do not apply.

With regards to cap 658, was that ever under threat?

Edited By John F on 24/06/2016 13:44:53

I wouldn't worry too much about things changing. There will be a blip for a while and then it'll sort itself out. As for CAA/ EASA. I suspect,. as with most things we'll be at the table and will adopt the necessary features of EU and or international laws. I can't see much changing in reality.

I agree that 658 was never under threat and most EU regs were very similar to 658 anyway so nothing to tell between them really.