Iceland 2 Muppets 1

Advert

Posted by Owdlad on 01/07/2016 11:00:03:

On the bright side The Tour de France starts tomorrow.

There'll be no screaming obsenities at the ref....no fiening injury or throwing themselves on the floor like a shot elephant. Or if they crash it's straight back on the saddle and patch me up on the go mentality

Just pure effort and passion.......Oh why can't football be the same

Cos they are so full of illegal drugs the no longer respond to normal transmitter commands.

Posted by john stones 1 on 01/07/2016 16:53:13:

I still work for a pittance crying

You're right Owlad, they should be wearing proper boots n kicking proper balls with laces in n eating Hovis, eeh kids these days don't know they're born. teeth 2

John

I'm guessing that people have forgotten that the present captain once said that national team members should be PAID to play for their country.

With an attitude of leadership like that, is it REALLY any wonder that we utterly suck?

It'd also help if our education system encouraged competitiveness rather than the dumbing down to a conformal template of jelly brained sheep.

This started with the introduction of GCSE's in 1988 - Rooney is an perfect example.

Go WALES (Something a Yorkshireman should never have to shout at a friends TV)

Edited By Darrell Woodward on 02/07/2016 07:05:08

Edited By Darrell Woodward on 02/07/2016 07:05:55

Posted by Donald Fry on 02/07/2016 06:00:49:
Posted by Owdlad on 01/07/2016 11:00:03:

On the bright side The Tour de France starts tomorrow.

There'll be no screaming obsenities at the ref....no fiening injury or throwing themselves on the floor like a shot elephant. Or if they crash it's straight back on the saddle and patch me up on the go mentality

Just pure effort and passion.......Oh why can't football be the same

Cos they are so full of illegal drugs the no longer respond to normal transmitter commands.

laugh

Posted by Darrell Woodward on 02/07/2016 07:04:04:
Posted by john stones 1 on 01/07/2016 16:53:13:

I still work for a pittance crying

You're right Owlad, they should be wearing proper boots n kicking proper balls with laces in n eating Hovis, eeh kids these days don't know they're born. teeth 2

John

I'm guessing that people have forgotten that the present captain once said that national team members should be PAID to play for their country.

With an attitude of leadership like that, is it REALLY any wonder that we utterly suck?

It'd also help if our education system encouraged competitiveness rather than the dumbing down to a conformal template of jelly brained sheep.

This started with the introduction of GCSE's in 1988 - Rooney is an perfect example.

Go WALES (Something a Yorkshireman should never have to shout at a friends TV)

Edited By Darrell Woodward on 02/07/2016 07:05:08

Edited By Darrell Woodward on 02/07/2016 07:05:55

Spot on yes

Gary Lineker once hid the fact that he was ill because he was so desperate to play for his country. 

Edited By Rich2 on 02/07/2016 07:24:29

Not really sure where being paid comes into it, other nations pay their players so I miss the point ?

Gareth Bale has a bigger wage packet than any English player, learnt his trade in the English leagues then moved on to Real.

Rooney ? would a good manager have even taken him.

Pampered n overpaid yep I agree, but that applies to a lot of them, question's still how do we get our pampered spoiled lot, able to compete with the other pampered spoiled lot.

My lads both played sport for their school teams every year (never got paid mind) looked competitive to me, and parents where even worse crook

John

Posted by john stones 1 on 02/07/2016 07:44:33:

Not really sure where being paid comes into it, other nations pay their players so I miss the point ?

Gareth Bale has a bigger wage packet than any English player, learnt his trade in the English leagues then moved on to Real.

Rooney ? would a good manager have even taken him.

Pampered n overpaid yep I agree, but that applies to a lot of them, question's still how do we get our pampered spoiled lot, able to compete with the other pampered spoiled lot.

My lads both played sport for their school teams every year (never got paid mind) looked competitive to me, and parents where even worse crook

John

Not being paid is made up by the Privilege of doing for Your Country and your country is not a coloured bit of paper printed with Queens head - it's called 'Doing it for the Honour'.

The Olympians I know do this all the time - work a job and work and train till they vomit, do it some more then go make their opponents look silly.

If these 'competitors' (the 'ballers) were 'Of the right stuff', they would be the ones resigning after each saying in interview 'We failed our country because we're slackers etc whatever'...... but most dont have the testi or linguistic skill to do this.

Kids parents 'act' competitive to make up for the shortcomings of their kids and themselves - a well known fact that.

Wales 3 Belgium 1.

The result just says it all. The Welsh team play with passion, conviction and pride for their nation. While the English players cry crocodile tears on some far away exotic beach posing for the paperatzi blaming all bar themselves.

Send the lot of em down the mines and give them some good old fashioned dose of reality

One thing I notice. Footballers play for an hour and a half a week or soemthimes twice a week. They then claim that they are tired. etc.

The riders in the Tour de France ride for several hours a day, sometimes up and down mountains, for what is it? Three weeks!! They get acouple of rest days in that time.

When I hear the footballer's excuse that they were tired I just think "Wimp!!"

Posted by Peter Miller on 02/07/2016 08:42:26:

One thing I notice. Footballers play for an hour and a half a week or soemthimes twice a week. They then claim that they are tired. etc.

The riders in the Tour de France ride for several hours a day, sometimes up and down mountains, for what is it? Three weeks!! They get acouple of rest days in that time.

When I hear the footballer's excuse that they were tired I just think "Wimp!!"

Hehe.

'Rest Days' are when they go cycle 50 - 70 miles looking at the picturesque scenery

The closest to a footballer in cycling are the pure sprinters, they turn themselves inside out going up the big col with a smile on their face before, during And after...... then call it 'good training'.

We have the players to compete. The whole setup has been wrong for a long time. Hodgson was sightseeing before the game (expletive). Wales, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, etc have all found a formula that works and we can't? The fact that young England players, under 21's etc, rarely make it through to the senior team, cannot be right. I believe at the last World Cup at least 6 of Germany's squad had played under 21 together.

I do agree that a lot of the players these days have an attitude problem and inflated egos (cudos to Bale) and only a decent manger can sort that out. And some players don't even want to play for their country - that's pretty sad.

Edited By Rich2 on 02/07/2016 13:42:37