Brushless Twinstar ESC conundrum

Bob Jennings 1

Anyone able to provide a solution to this mystery.

I have two multiplex escs plugged into a Y-lead. One motor turns fine and the other beeps. And beeps....

I tried all the permutations of changing leads, isolating the positive lead in one of the esc's didn't make a difference.

I bought an identical esc with the same result.

I have put them in separate channels and slaved one to the throttle. Nah.

I have even programmed two separate channels to throttle. Nah

The beep is driving me mad.

Now its feasible that the offending ESC is duff, its also possible that the replacement ESC I bought arrived in a duff state. Hm.

Anything else I can try?

Twinstar still unflown!

Cheers,

Bob

Advert

Have you tried connecting just one esc to one of the motors so that the drive system 'thinks' it's just dealing with a simple single motor model? If that works, then change the esc and try again. Does that work? If both esc work individually then they should (will) work as a pair provided you only use the BEC from one of them to power the receiver and the servos.

Geoff

I have a multiplex sonic liner with two brushless mpx 480 inrunners controlled by two castle creations esc's through a y lead powered by a single battery, no wires are disconnected and I have never had an issue with this setup, as Martin says have they been taught the throttle range? are you using a single battery or two? one for each motor this may make a difference I'm not sure, test the esc's independently you may have been unlucky and got a duff one "twice" if you switch them with the motors do they still behave in the same manner, bear in mind no matter how well matched they are one will always behave a little different from the other.

I have a very old twin star which I converted to brushless, had problems with the ESCs (not MPX) on a Y lead, plugged them into separate channels and providing the 2nd channel was at min throw when the throttle was at idle it worked, but if the throttle didn't reduce the ESC to throttle off and min trim on the mixed channel it wouldn't arm.

I ended up putting the two ESCs on a V tail mixer with input from the throttle channel and a 2nd input from a channel mixed to rudder to give differential throttle.

Must get it out again.