e-flite safe receiver

ericrw

Advert

The Multiplex G3 specifically states, it is to be mounted near to the C of G, this is the pitch axis of the wing.

I will have more time tomorrow to publish the specific references of mounting on model axis, from manufacturers

Experts on this site can fly well enough and may mock Technology, but where Technology is available it should be supported if only for those with an interest in such devices, and should not play demolition derby with every post

Edited By Denis Watkins on 22/09/2016 21:54:42

I think that's a bit strong, Dennis. No-one has mocked the technology as far as I remember, the manufacturer's manual published on the internet simply states that the unit must be aligned with the direction of travel and it's quite within the remit of this forum to question statements that appear a little inaccurate for the greater understanding of all participants.

If you look at my second post on this subject, you may recall that I said I stand to be corrected if my assumptions of the technologies used are shown to be incorrect. So far, nothing authoritive has emerged to challenge my view but if your researches show otherwise I'll be happy to read through them and delighted to learn more.

In terms of helping people, my point was made in order to prevent someone moving a battery or other component to a sub-optimal position in order to accommodate a stabilised receiver exactly on the C of G ... assuming I'm correct, of course!

Edited By Martin Harris on 23/09/2016 00:15:53

Posted by Denis Watkins on 22/09/2016 21:54:02:

The Multiplex G3 specifically states, it is to be mounted near to the C of G, this is the pitch axis of the wing.

I will have more time tomorrow to publish the specific references of mounting on model axis, from manufacturers

Experts on this site can fly well enough and may mock Technology, but where Technology is available it should be supported if only for those with an interest in such devices, and should not play demolition derby with every post

Nobody here has "mocked technology", nor are we playing "demolition derby". I am sure all of those posting have used stabilisers so are speaking from experience; based on that we are simply questioning your statements from the previous pages that the device must be mounted precisely on the CG, specifically:

"...do not put a stabiliser anywhere but bang in the centre of the aircraft, on the C of G, facing forward.

No other place is suitable, and the trouble it causes cannot be trimmed out.

I stress, this unit, if it is to be used correctly, has to take priority over the battery position"

...and...

"these 3 axis units need fitting at the absolute center of all 3 axis, namely centred at the C of G for them to operate."

Based on my experience of using stabilisers I have not found what you state to be true - they work just fine a bit to one side or ahead or behind the CG. Looking at the manufacturers instructions (links posted previously and Mpx G3 manual here - again, no mention of moving batteries to accommodate it, just "near the CG" ) they do not seem to back up your statements - "near the CG" is not the same as "the absolute centre of all 3 axes". If what you say were correct I can assure you the lawyers for these companies would have made sure it said so in the instructions to cover them in the event of an accident!

Finally HH, probably the biggest seller of stabiliser products does not even fit the stabilised RX on the CG in it's biggest selling product for beginners, the Apprentice. If location were as critical as you say surely the RX would be centred with millimetric accuracy in that model wouldn't it?

I am happy to be proved wrong, but if you want people to come round to your view you need to provide some sources that back up your opinion. Until then the Guardian stabiliser in my Zlin aerobat will stay in it's current "sub-optimal" location where it has performed just fine over many flights.

Edited By MattyB on 23/09/2016 13:16:51

I can only observe that the AR636 fitted in my BNF CarbonZ T28 (the big one) is mounted by HH 12inches behind the CG and the Lemon stabilized Rx in my Multiplex Rockstar is mounted 4 inches behind the CG.

Both work perfectly, but as I said on my post of 20 Sep I don't have any experience with the Apprentice Rx's other than in the original model.

Posted by John Lee on 23/09/2016 15:41:06:

I can only observe that the AR636 fitted in my BNF CarbonZ T28 (the big one) is mounted by HH 12inches behind the CG...

Yeah, I saw one of those at the field not so long ago, and the RX seems to be at or slightly behind the TE of the wing - significantly further away from the CG than the one in the Apprentice...